IGNORED

Dirac Live Bass Control - Real World Experiences

Has anyone had some time with Dirac Live's Bass Control module? 

I'm keen to have a tinker to integrate a pair of subs with my main speakers.  Reading the manual it's a little unclear on how it differentiates the separate subs and how to optimally pick the crossover point.  

Does anyone have any experiences they can share on this front?

Edited by BugPowderDust

1 hour ago, BugPowderDust said:

Has anyone had some time with Dirac Live's Bass Control module? 

Brief.... I don't use it at home, as I manually correct my bass.

1 hour ago, BugPowderDust said:

I'm keen to have a tinker to integrate a pair of subs with my main speakers.  Reading the manual it's a little unclear on how it differentiates the separate subs and how to optimally pick the crossover point.

I will automagically correct multiple subs.

You need to manually specify the crossover frequency.

I presume I will just have the subs running at 0 degrees phase, with no crossover applied, and then play with the crossover frequency to get it where I want to with my mains.

If I can recut a new filter without measuring again, I guess it won't be too tedious a process to iterate between various crossover points and target curves. 

14 hours ago, BugPowderDust said:

I presume I will just have the subs running at 0 degrees phase, with no crossover applied, and then play with the crossover frequency to get it where I want to with my mains.

When you measure the speakers in Dirac, it will show you a chart to help you select the crossover frequency.

14 hours ago, BugPowderDust said:

If I can recut a new filter without measuring again, I guess it won't be too tedious a process to iterate between various crossover points and target curves. 

Yes.

It is simple.... You just drag the crossover point and the target curve around and click calculate.