IGNORED

Website Ranking - SEO help

Hi Guys,

Looking for some recommendations to improve my small business website ranking in the Google search. SEO optimisation.

Used WIX to build a website and wondering is there any tools or techniques to make the website stand top if someone search with key words in google.

Any help much appreciated. Is there a 3rd party tool...any service I can take help.

Thank you

Edited by Digital

• Administrator

You could look at SEMRush for reports and tips - but its been jacking up its prices over the past 18 months and may now be cost prohibitive. 

• Administrator

Honestly that's what we did a few times. Just a few months at a time to get a full report, then we'd go away and address most of those issues. A year later we'd do it again and see the changes and get a new report.

A lot of it depends on your industry too. If it's a well established and highly competitive, things are much harder. You're competing against established sites with two or more decades of SEO and existence. If it's a niche industry, your site may rank well organically in a short time.

Don't forget to set up Google Search Console and Analytics properly. GSC is crucial to speeding up your indexing and can also highlight any fundamental problems.

Google Advertising can also be effective, again if it's not a highly established and competitive industry.

Similarly, specialty sites (like this one for the hifi industry) can very quickly establish brand awareness and backlinks (increasing domain authority).

Look for the StereoNET of your industry and get some sponsorship/advertising prices. It might be cost effective for instant awareness. If you are e-commerce ready too (depending on your business) it can also bring immediate ROI you can measure.

• Like 1

I’m afraid there is no tool or a service which would work on a „set and forget” basis and which would take you on the top of page 1. Yes - 10-15 years ago it was possible, but not now - Google’s algorithm is just too complex. My advice is - dont buy any tools unless you precisely know what to use them for. IMO buying a SEM rush subscription would be a pretty bad investment as the only thing SEMrush is pretty good at is telling you how strong your competitors are.  Other than that - keyword tracking and reports, all their suggestions and tips are rubbish. Anyway from the very beginning - what you want to start with is a keyword research. This is the foundation as you need to know what people are searching for and what, can bring you some traffic. Most popular tools would be - Google’s keyword planner (free) keywordtool.io or Ubersuggest.  After Finding the keywords you want to rank for, you can have a look at your competitors. Semrush is okay, but pricey, Ahrefs is probably the best on the market and it has a free option for checking domain authority. After choosing keywords, having a look at you competitors (just to check if they keywords are not too difficult) you can start with onpage optimisation - Surfer Seo or Page Optimizer Pro would be my choice. These are great for optimising your content. Having this sorted you would need good backlinks pointing to your domain. Backlings are still

crucial and well, this is a separate subject on its own. 
If you want quick results - i think Google Ads is the only way to do it.  If you are patient, want to test yourself and get some organic traffic for free - i would advise to create some interesting content around the topics from your industry (blog posts, case studies) and share it. If your website get some traffic, Google will start to like it more. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrator

I forgot Ahrefs, we used that a lot too. Good advice. There's definitely no set and forget option as suggested above. :) 

Google Ads, as I suggested above is the best option and Search Console (free) will get you on the right track for any fundamental errors.

SEO is a black art, and I've been playing with it since before it had a name. But I've learned things along the way in order to build StereoNET to rank in the top 10 (and towards the pointy end) of hi-fi sites in the world. I started another site a couple of years ago though and starting from scratch seems like such a mammoth task once again in these times.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Ak Akka Hope you are fine, just quickly want to know what is this backlink please ?

For.instance listing the website on yellow pages online so someone who searches yellow pages online directory will have access to our website ? 

Or having a link to external website from our website ?

Thanks again

It is a link on a 3rd party website pointing to your domain - only this type of hyperlink can be beneficial to you. There are many types of links: dofollow, nofollow, bare urls or hyperlinks with anchor text and you should use them carefully. Links from so called business directories (such as yellow pages, yelp, truelocal) etc. are not worth much in Google’s eyes these days (as they are easily obtainable) but still it’s good to have them in some reasonable quantities. 
btw. i have sent a reply to your question regarding website traffic via pm like 2 weeks ago. Did you get it?

• Thanks 1