Watch out for Fake EIZZ 301 Binding Posts on ebay ect'. (correction, not fake, just different)

Audiophonics in France have the real ones and are listed in the where to buy on the EIZZ site.

You can see what the real deal looks like on the manufacturers site here:

https://eizz-cn.translate.goog/en-us/pp6.html?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=zh-CN&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

201461815275144973.jpg.1c97862110a694998bf08bf1ea34f6ff.jpg

All the ones I have looked at on ebay ect' appear to be copies.

A typical ebay offering.

20220805_141741.thumb.jpg.00b895ca9b35ce47041c77a8e05bc2bc.jpg.5c8be8c81174fe244abe285def65d228.jpg

Thanks to Rocky500 who contacted them to clear things up.

35 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

I just sent off an email to EIZZ. Gave them the links to the ebay ones and the Mable ones and asked if they were genuine EIZZ ones.

Just got a reply.

Hello! Ez-301 I have two versions, gold circle and black, which are produced to meet the needs of different customers. Thank you for your consultation!

Edited by muon*
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Here is another one.

Different to the Audiophonics but with the same logo this time.

You can see the thread is shorter. No gold circle in the middle.

http://www.mableaudio.com/en/productview.asp?sid=7577

Maybe different runs from the same company or different factories?

Or even a cheaper version they release, different markets?

Edited by rocky500

I have the ebay ones and can send some to anyone that has the Audiophonics ones if they want to compare them.

Was planning on using them but I ended up ordering some WBT ones instead.

Preparing myself to cut a hole (jigsaw I think) in the back panel to mount them with a plate.

Posted (edited)

The Mable is one of the copies also.

The copies might be OK and better then the average plug as they are lower mass, just not EIZZ, may not be same quality of materials. Wouldn't be difficult to see if the body is Bakelite, Bakelite is a very hard resin plastic, who knows they may be decent, just that the look has a lesser look quality wise right down to the brand stamp.

Edited by muon*

1 hour ago, muon* said:

The Mable is one of the copies also.

The copies might be OK and better then the average plug as they are lower mass, just not EIZZ, may not be same quality of materials. Wouldn't be difficult to see if the body is Bakelite, Bakelite is a very hard resin plastic, who knows they may be decent, just that the look has a lesser look quality wise right down to the brand stamp.

I just sent off an email to EIZZ. Gave them the links to the ebay ones and the Mable ones and asked if they were genuine EIZZ ones.

Just got a reply.

Hello! Ez-301 I have two versions, gold circle and black, which are produced to meet the needs of different customers. Thank you for your consultation!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

Just got a reply.

Ah, very informative.

That clears things up and your suspicions were indeed correct.

13 minutes ago, Antipodean Brad said:

I don't be contrary, but is the EIZZ stuff something special, or is this just another case of "something" being copied?

I think it is they are low mass ones and supposedly copper and not too expensive that appealed to me in the first place. Plus others had good results using them.

14 minutes ago, Antipodean Brad said:

The real EIZZ stuff is from China, isn't it?

Yes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Antipodean Brad said:

I don't be contrary, but is the EIZZ stuff something special, or is this just another case of "something" being copied?

The real EIZZ stuff is from China, isn't it?

Copying is almost a tradition in various markets, look at low end clothing manufacturers who copy the high end, the quality may not be quite the same but the cost difference is big, nobody blinks and eye there.

I was only pointing out that they appeared to not be the same as the ones on the manufacturers site, so a thanks to Rocky for contacting them and making things clearer.

Edited by muon*
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Antipodean Brad said:

Thanks, guys.

What started this was I pmed muon to ask some questions about these Eizz binding posts as I knew he had used them before.

When I sent a pic of them to him, he mentioned they do not look like the ones on Eizz's site.

So we both thought they could be knockoffs. As in they may even be brass instead of copper if not genuine.

• Like 2