New Favourite speaker

Hi Everyone, 

I've added some new brands to my portfolio over the last few weeks. 

One of them is  Canada's Gershman Audio.

This week I've had the pleasure of listening to the Grand Studio. 

These Speakers are amazing. 

Beautiful highs and incredible bass from their long excursion 8"bass driver. 

I've done a few demo's with them over the last fortnight and we've all searched through our playlists searching for big bassy tracks. 

We've challenged them to see what the limits are, where they don't play nice. couldn't think of a single track or genre. 

I've played them with Pass labs, Musical fidelity, Mark Levinson, Riviera (class A and AB) Rotel, Vintage. they just sound amazing.

Great news is they're a bookshelf with a true floor-stander sound, punchy low bass and they're a sealed box design.

They come with their own stands, 

They can be placed easily in any room and any position.

I'm so impressed!! (three weeks ago, I'd never even heard of them.) 

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/pages/gershman

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/collections/gershman/products/lux-gershman-grand-studio-ii

If your in Melbourne and want to hear something really special, please make an appt to see me and check them out 

1076694351_Gershman1.thumb.jpg.619dfeb395dc2c1487181d1e01d1c3da.jpg652474260_Gershman2.thumb.jpg.96ff8a9e8cd059c2c28a2e8c50a9ad13.jpg527480939_Gershman3.thumb.jpg.18e053a1379fceeb1ec806aeb3b9a812.jpg

Kind regards 

Geoff

Edited by HeyNow Hi-Fi
Correcting model number.
  • Like 4

Let me be the first one on here to say that I had the pleasure of having a listen to these speakers through the week. And to say that I had to pick my jaw up out of my lap would not be an unrealistic statement.

They are absolutely stunning to look at, and the lower octave response is just nothing short of mind-boggling, it really does defy logic.

But these things are no one trick pony. The mid range and Upper frequencies are beautifully dealt with. They are very analogue smooth sounding speakers with all the detail and accuracy one could ever want.

If you're looking for a stand mount speaker that behaves like a full range floorstander, go and pay Jeff a visit at Hey now Hi-Fi.

I strongly recommend you audition these speakers before you make any decisions about a purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, HeyNow Hi-Fi said:

Hi Everyone, 

I've added some new brands to my portfolio over the last few weeks. 

One of them is  Canada's Gershman Audio.

This week I've had the pleasure of listening to the Grand Studio II.

These Speakers are amazing. 

Beautiful highs and incredible bass from their long excursion 8"bass driver. 

I've done a few demo's with them over the last fortnight and we've all searched through our playlists searching for big bassy tracks. 

We've challenged them to see what the limits are, where they don't play nice. couldn't think of a single track or genre. 

I've played them with Pass labs, Musical fidelity, Mark Levinson, Riviera (class A and AB) Rotel, Vintage. they just sound amazing.

Great news is they're a bookshelf with a true floor-stander sound, punchy low bass and they're a sealed box design.

They come with their own stands, 

They can be placed easily in any room and any position.

I'm so impressed!! (three weeks ago, I'd never even heard of them.) 

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/pages/gershman

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/collections/gershman/products/lux-gershman-grand-studio-ii

If your in Melbourne and want to hear something really special, please make an appt to see me and check them out 

1076694351_Gershman1.thumb.jpg.619dfeb395dc2c1487181d1e01d1c3da.jpg652474260_Gershman2.thumb.jpg.96ff8a9e8cd059c2c28a2e8c50a9ad13.jpg527480939_Gershman3.thumb.jpg.18e053a1379fceeb1ec806aeb3b9a812.jpg

Kind regards 

Geoff

Hi Geoff, can you please clarify the model, this speaker appears to be the Grand Studio, the speaker in your link looks like the Studio II, and the Grand Studio II is a 2 box speaker on the Gershman website.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, awayward said:

Hi Geoff, can you please clarify the model, this speaker appears to be the Grand Studio, the speaker in your link looks like the Studio II, and the Grand Studio II is a 2 box speaker on the Gershman website.

Hi Awayward 

sorry I’m still familiarizing my self with the models - they are in fact the grand studios. 
I will edit my post to reflect the correct model. Thanks for checking 

regards 

Geoff 

10 minutes ago, HeyNow Hi-Fi said:

Hi Awayward 

sorry I’m still familiarizing my self with the models - they are in fact the grand studios. 
I will edit my post to reflect the correct model. Thanks for checking 

regards 

Geoff 

Thanks Geoff, the speakers look very nice, the spec states they go down to 18 hz which is impressive.

20 minutes ago, awayward said:

Thanks Geoff, the speakers look very nice, the spec states they go down to 18 hz which is impressive.

They really do too. Unbelievable for a stand mount speaker. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2022 at 5:34 PM, HeyNow Hi-Fi said:

They really do too. Unbelievable for a stand mount speaker. 

Yes quite an amazing speaker! The amount of bass out is prodigious and what textured base . An amazing soundstage with texture in the tonality:-) This is amazing bang for the buck and beats speakers a few times more expensive than the gershies:-)

• Like 1