Scientific advances to regenerate ear hair cells and reverse hearing loss

13 minutes ago, Marc said:

Is your hearing getting better as you age too then? :)

I'm getting more discerning about what to listen to and what to ignore. 🧐

• Haha 1

On 22/06/2022 at 4:44 PM, Marc said:

Very interesting story about some medical/science advances in this area. Apologies if posted already - I had a quick look and couldn't find any.

https://scitechdaily.com/restoring-hearing-new-tool-to-create-ear-hair-cells-lost-due-to-aging-or-noise/

And not just aging and noise. A significant number of young kids go deaf around age 3 following a virus that takes out the hair cells in the cochlear. My wife included, 50dB or more down in mid frequency range and above since she was a 3yo.

• Like 1

I saw 'regenerate hair cells' and got excited for a moment. I was hoping if I could grow hair on my head again, people would stop confusing me with Dwayne Johnson as we look so alike.

Seriously, I hope it works as there would be many whose lives would benefit a lot from it. Now if they could get rid of the bad tinnitus I got from a certain jab recently...

Edited by Crazycloud
  • Like 2

We are all told never to put anything in your ear smaller then your thumb! After recently having my  ears cleaned at a salon in Thailand there is a  definite positive result and hearing balance between my ears.Previous trip there was the  use of a tuning fork with  great results..