Oppo Bluray Player Password Flush

I currently have an Oppo BDP-105D and before that I had the Oppo BDP-83SE and in both cases I have had issues with flushing the network password making the player virtually useless. Is there an alternate player that can be loaded to get rid of the garbage Oppo software, or alternately does any know of a way to flush once and for all the password stored in the bowels of the player that can't be accessed?

I 100% know it is not a user name and password issue, the problem is in the player. I just tried connecting my NAS to the player, it showed up the NAS name after a short search, and it asked for the user name and password which I provided. It let me into the next level which is the folders, the moment I tried to go into the folders it asks for the password again, so I provide the exact same user name and password and it then tells me to check it.

After several times of trying to enter it, I just give up because the issue is clearly in the player. Anyone have a solution to this annoying problem?

48 minutes ago, Silent Screamer said:

I currently have an Oppo BDP-105D and before that I had the Oppo BDP-83SE and in both cases I have had issues with flushing the network password making the player virtually useless. Is there an alternate player that can be loaded to get rid of the garbage Oppo software, or alternately does any know of a way to flush once and for all the password stored in the bowels of the player that can't be accessed?

I 100% know it is not a user name and password issue, the problem is in the player. I just tried connecting my NAS to the player, it showed up the NAS name after a short search, and it asked for the user name and password which I provided. It let me into the next level which is the folders, the moment I tried to go into the folders it asks for the password again, so I provide the exact same user name and password and it then tells me to check it.

After several times of trying to enter it, I just give up because the issue is clearly in the player. Anyone have a solution to this annoying problem?

I haven't had your issue, but I'd probably start with a player reset.

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

I haven't had your issue, but I'd probably start with a player reset.

Did a full reset didn't help the problem is it asks for credentials at the Oppo Music folder, so I put in my network credentials which it accepts and gives me a list of all the folders on the NAS showing it is the right username / password to access the network, but when I try to click on the Music folder on the actual NAS it comes up with an error saying that the wrong details were entered, even though no details were asked for or given. The problem is clearly in the Oppo software as it isn't putting in the right password.

They designed the GUI completely ass about face. First it finds the NAS and gives you the name of it, then offers you three folders Photo, Music and Video at which point it asks for credentials (wrong place) then when you get to your actual NAS folders it doesn't ask for credentials it just tries to put "something" in resulting in an error.

What they should have done is at the root level had the three folder options. Photo, Music, Video (or better yet nothing at all) then inside that list the NAS box, so you are directly passing the password / username to the network. By putting their own folders in between the NAS name and the NAS folders they have screwed up the software.

I have sent all the photos to Interdyn to show them what is happening in what order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Screamer said:

I have a 105D not a 203, so maybe a different issue.

Cant fix your network problem but due to the network deficiency of the early 83 compared to the later 105 etc I used dnla with ps server app to stream my flacs . Good for mkv's with lossy audio as well iirc  . Worth a try depending on app type [tversity was popular] or codec decoding maybe 

DLNA and Oppo Blu Ray BDP-83 | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

Spent a few hours getting nowhere... When trying to install Media Server to get access to the DLNA settings I have run across the This package requires you to enable "pgsql-adapter.service"

I tried all the fixes I could find on the Synology website and nothing works. So unless there is another DLNA setting somewhere else in DSM7.1 I am back to square one.

3 hours ago, Silent Screamer said:

I tried all the fixes I could find on the Synology website and nothing works. So unless there is another DLNA setting somewhere else in DSM7.1 I am back to square one.

Rats . Try contacting Bob Pariseau  who has helped many and was a oppo beta tester . J River was another more solid renderer and organiser for files .

OPPO BDP-83/93/95/10x/20x DLNA/UPnP/SMB/network thread | Page 142 | AVS Forum

Looks like another dead end. Fairly sure that I saw JRiver Media Center on DSM6.x but there is no sign of it under DSM7.1

There is mention of it being available in a Docker container but since that just adds another level of complexity to a subject I know very little about, I am not sure I want to go down that road.

I have a Nvidia Shield Pro feeding into the back of Oppo BDP-105D, but was interested in seeing if I could improve performance playing directly from the Oppo. It is a pity that such good hardware is crippled by such crap software. The Synology NAS isn't proving to be much better with inbuilt software bugs.

Are these guys in Melbourne still providing support for Oppo in Australia? 

Interdyn Sales <sales@interdyn.com.au>

(03) 9426 3600

Tom was very knowledgeable. Could be worth asking them anyway. 

Edited by DrSK

11 hours ago, DrSK said:

Are these guys in Melbourne still providing support for Oppo in Australia? 

Interdyn Sales <sales@interdyn.com.au>

(03) 9426 3600

Tom was very knowledgeable. Could be worth asking them anyway. 

I have been communicating with Tom via email. Unfortunately there is little he can do.

I managed to downgrade my DSM version on my Synology NAS to 6.2.4 which allowed me to install Media Server which gave me the DLNA option on the Oppo, but after trying to navigate through the clunky interface I think I am going to stick with using the Nvidia Shield TV Pro. It's not perfect but it beat Oppo's poor offering.

14 hours ago, Silent Screamer said:

I have been communicating with Tom via email. Unfortunately there is little he can do.

I managed to downgrade my DSM version on my Synology NAS to 6.2.4 which allowed me to install Media Server which gave me the DLNA option on the Oppo, but after trying to navigate through the clunky interface I think I am going to stick with using the Nvidia Shield TV Pro. It's not perfect but it beat Oppo's poor offering.

Yeah, it is rather clunky. Have to admit I went to Roon for music rather than using my 205, but worked out cleaner anyway once I stopped using it as a DAC. And Sonos Connect over the 103 for family friendly compatibility, have a Connect sending digital to an external DAC so using the Connect essentially as a widely compatible low cost Streamer. 

Movies, I'm still running Bluray. Which is all my 205 and 103 get used for. Downmixing to 4.0 on the 205 as I found it does a better job and better quality preout than any AVR I've experienced.

Also use the 205 to take and process the TV sound as the 205 like many Oppos takes Audio Return Channel via HDMI or can process multi channel optical etc. Although the 103 and newer Samsung seem to no longer be compatible now e-Arc is here and the 103 doesn't have optical inputs. 

The 205 is basically a prepro with a Bluray tray. 

Edited by DrSK

1 hour ago, DrSK said:

Yeah, it is rather clunky. Have to admit I went to Roon for music rather than using my 205, but worked out cleaner anyway once I stopped using it as a DAC. And Sonos Connect over the 103 for family friendly compatibility, have a Connect sending digital to an external DAC so using the Connect essentially as a widely compatible low cost Streamer. 

Movies, I'm still running Bluray. Which is all my 205 and 103 get used for. Downmixing to 4.0 on the 205 as I found it does a better job and better quality preout than any AVR I've experienced.

Also use the 205 to take and process the TV sound as the 205 like many Oppos takes Audio Return Channel via HDMI or can process multi channel optical etc. Although the 103 and newer Samsung seem to no longer be compatible now e-Arc is here and the 103 doesn't have optical inputs. 

The 205 is basically a prepro with a Bluray tray. 

The Oppo players are a great bit of kit let down by some very ordinary software. If only there was someway to get a hold of the raw code and someone with real coding talent code create a real usable interface.

At the moment I am using mine mainly as a HDMI pass through. I went to Jaycar the other day and bought one of these hoping I could take the Oppo out of the chain, but unfortunately I can hear a different in quality https://www.jaycar.com.au/concord-hdmi-audio-extractor/p/AC5030?utm_campaign=redirect&utm_source=AC5030r&utm_medium=web

Would have simplified the system. So I am back to using the Nvidia Shield and just using the HDMI in back option.

1 hour ago, Silent Screamer said:

The Oppo players are a great bit of kit let down by some very ordinary software. If only there was someway to get a hold of the raw code and someone with real coding talent code create a real usable interface.

At the moment I am using mine mainly as a HDMI pass through. I went to Jaycar the other day and bought one of these hoping I could take the Oppo out of the chain, but unfortunately I can hear a different in quality https://www.jaycar.com.au/concord-hdmi-audio-extractor/p/AC5030?utm_campaign=redirect&utm_source=AC5030r&utm_medium=web

Would have simplified the system. So I am back to using the Nvidia Shield and just using the HDMI in back option.

Yep. And personally I think they should have called them a prepro when discs went out of fashion and kept them going in that space. 

There is still nothing out there that replaces a 205.

Had an amusing experience in a HT shop when I asked to demo the 205 for sound, and they set it up HDMI pass through to an inferior AVR. 

Edited by DrSK

4 hours ago, DrSK said:

Yep. And personally I think they should have called them a prepro when discs went out of fashion and kept them going in that space. 

There is still nothing out there that replaces a 205.

Had an amusing experience in a HT shop when I asked to demo the 205 for sound, and they set it up HDMI pass through to an inferior AVR. 

We got the 205D for my brother in law but I never upgraded from my 105D because I wasn't sure the media player was going to be any better. (Was the reason I skipped the 93)

The Oppo is supposed to upscale video to 4K , not sure if it does anything for audio.

• Like 1