AP UHQR Jimi Hendrix Are you experienced

Postage from the US seems just a tad xxxy atm ....i looked at a double LP this week...USD60 for the album plus USD62 for postage....ouch...i did not proceed.  Two copies would have been USD120 plus USD64 for postage so it might make slightly more economical if a mini group buy (splitting the postage) with peeps residing nearby. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

USD60 for the album plus USD62 for postage....ouch...i did not proceed. 

Yeah, when I crunched the numbers from Acoustic Sounds it came to about A$250. Still considering though. 

2 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Postage from the US seems just a tad xxxy atm ....i looked at a double LP this week...USD60 for the album plus USD62 for postage....ouch...i did not proceed.  Two copies would have been USD120 plus USD64 for postage so it might make slightly more economical if a mini group buy (splitting the postage) with peeps residing nearby. 

'Atm' has been going on for a while now and AS shipping overseas has always been prohibitive.

• Like 1

Yeah I got mine, $210 landed. Discrepancy have it for $240 which is very reasonable.

If I weren't so impatient I would have just ordered it locally but I know I'll get it quicker ordering direct.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest My HiFi

Definitely one for the collection. Will keep an eye on the bidding. Cheers 

Edited by Remi700

Mine arrived Friday (ordered in March but only shipped a week ago as apparently AS have been very busy).  Sounds fantastic, the vinyl itself is as quiet as I've ever heard & dead flat.  I'm not a fan of the boxes though.

I've been buying from AS for a long time, if you order say 6 or more LPs shipping becomes reasonable p/LP (this shipment of 6 was $65), is quick and they will remove the LPs from sleeve so no split seams.  Obviously returns are not cost efficient but they have in the past sent me free replacement LPs (just the vinyl & included with my next shipment) for faulty Analogue Productions pressings.

• Like 3

Mine arrived on Friday as well, took less than a week to get here after they posted (ordered late March also, so took ages to post but comms was good around that when queried). Record is flat and silent, great copy as expected for the money. Packaging was solid.

Combined with a friend for a bigger order (i.e. 2 Hendrix boxes, 4 other records) for postage cost to make any sense at all, all came in one package. You can add a fair few more records for not much increase in post cost over that quoted for a single Hendrix box. Trouble is the total package can get pretty expensive quickly, so sharing it with someone else was a good thing!

• Like 1

Mine arrived last week as well except I ordered from the official Hendrix store instead of AS. It took 3 weeks to arrive, but the postage was only $20 USD via APC Postal Logistics (which is essentially USPS) instead of $70 USD via FedEx from AS.

It was packed sufficiently (but not as well as AS), but all that matters is that it was received in perfect nick. The official store only seems to have the listing up when AYE UHQR first became available, as it's no longer available anymore.

• Like 2

How does it sound, please?

I have the US Reprise LP pressing from some time in the 70s; Oz LP pressings of the US and UK albums (sound thin and weedy); plus two different CD issues, both of the expanded album, i.e. the original British Jimi approved track list plus the three singles and their B-sides. Of all that lot, the US LP has the fullest sound.

Thanks

Geoff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff Millar said:

How does it sound, please?

I have the US Reprise LP pressing from some time in the 70s; Oz LP pressings of the US and UK albums (sound thin and weedy); plus two different CD issues, both of the expanded album, i.e. the original British Jimi approved track list plus the three singles and their B-sides. Of all that lot, the US LP has the fullest sound.

Thanks

Geoff

Here is the review by MF, https://www.analogplanet.com/content/analogue-productions-presents-200-gram-clarity-vinyl-uhqr-are-you-experienced

Edited by vinilink