SOLD: Hegel H390 integrated amplifier

SOLD
Item Condition: 9.5/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Bathurst
State: NSW
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT,Cash
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: I upgraded from a H190 to this unit.  However it does not work as well in my small listening room as my lower powered H190.  Massive bass and a smooth mid range + terrific imaging are key standouts with this amp. I understand it has a fantastic built in DAC based on the AKM chipset, but I never actually used it.

By all reports it is a great partner with Kef and Dynaudio speakers.

I have the original shipping boxes, remote etc.

RRP at the moment is $9,995. I am the second owner. Bought from Mark at Frank Prowse Hi Fi ( his personal unit as I understand it)

Photos:

8AE230A6-A851-4ACA-84BB-08C94A254332.jpeg

287B4381-5DD9-4D14-9D78-D9B4D21F0EFB.jpeg

755CB152-F30E-4D08-8EC2-2CAE7C490485.jpeg

Edited by Astronutter
  • Like 3

On 21/01/2022 at 6:15 PM, Astronutter said:
Price: AUD $6250
Item Condition: 9.5/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Bathurst
State: NSW
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT,Cash
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: I upgraded from a H190 to this unit.  However it does not work as well in my small listening room as my lower powered H190.  Massive bass and a smooth mid range + terrific imaging are key standouts with this amp. I understand it has a fantastic built in DAC based on the AKM chipset, but I never actually used it.

By all reports it is a great partner with Kef and Dynaudio speakers.

I have the original shipping boxes, remote etc.

RRP at the moment is $9,995. I am the second owner. Bought from Mark at Frank Prowse Hi Fi ( his personal unit as I understand it)

Photos:

8AE230A6-A851-4ACA-84BB-08C94A254332.jpeg

287B4381-5DD9-4D14-9D78-D9B4D21F0EFB.jpeg

755CB152-F30E-4D08-8EC2-2CAE7C490485.jpeg

May I ask why this amp didn't seem to work in your small living room, compared to your previous, lower powered Hegal H190 ?

I know Hegal pretty much did a pretty big redesign with this amp over the H190, and it's reported as being bit brighter [for want of a better term]

I'm just interested if it was a case of having too much power on hand, as I can't remember seeing people finding this a problem before.

Edited by Tweaky

I cant be 100% sure, but my sense of it was the h390 powered my magneplanar 1.7i’s differently to the h190’s which then energised my listening room in a different way. I did move the Maggie’s around to tailor the sound, but I never quite get it right to suit my listening preference.

I all aspects, the h390 behaved perfectly, I just couldn’t optimise the sound in my room.  As I indicated, this amp has amazing control of the bass and produces a deep and well defined soundstage.  

• Like 1