FS: VPI Prime 21 with upgraded speed controller VPI ADS motor drive

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Telopea
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal as friend, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Up for sale the latest release of famous Prime model: VPI Prime 21 which made VPI known as one of the best performance turntable per dollar on the market, dynamic, explosive and accurate are my picks with American handsome looking. VPI offers high-end performance in reasonable package price.

VPI Speed Controller ADS Drive is a must upgrade, using a class AB circuit with isolation transformer to generate stable current to provide constant speed, the motor speed is more statable and more immunity to voltage fluctuation of home electric (better speed, aka better timing , aka better performance in analog setup). The class AB circuit of isolation transformer also reduces harmonic kickback from spinning motors which is the secret sauces in high-end turntable design. VPI makes those feature accessible as an upgrade option instead of built-in to turntable package.

I am first owner, Prime 21 was purchased from authorised Australian distributor Krispy Audio in April 2021. All VPI Turntable and parts have three years manufacture warranty, so rest assure you are in a  good hand.

RRP price for reference

- VPI Prime VPI 21: $9,900 https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/vpi-prime-21-turntable.html

- VPI Speed Controller ADS : $2,500 https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/vpi-ads-motor-drive.html 

included for free a Analysis Oval 10 power cable which is an improvement from stock power cord thanks to emi reduction design and fully shielded, the cord is around $600 rrp in local shops

Turntable Features 

• Prime 21 Chassis
  • 10" 3D Gimbal Tonearm
  • Machined Aluminum Platter
  • Machined metal top for improved bracing
  • 300 RPM Outbound Motor
  • Improved 40-HW Isolation Feet
  • Screw-down Stainless Steel/Delrin Clamp
  • Made in the USA

Some useful information from press/professionals

https://www.whathifi.com/au/reviews/vpi-prime-21

https://www.hifinews.com/content/vpi-prime-21-belt-driven-turntable

Items in the sale: VPI Prime 21 turntable and ADS Speed Controller

Please note Lyra cartridge, aftermarket mat and Crystal rca phono are not included in the sale, please inquire separately if you are interested to buy.

I have all boxes, so interstate shipment is doable, however, seller please organise courier pickup with your choice of insurance.

Local pickup is welcome (contactless), 

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG_5211 2.JPG

IMG_5219 2.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_5216 2.JPG

IMG_5220 2.JPG

IMG_5214 2.JPG

IMG_5223 2.JPG

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dolphy said:

Would you consider selling the ADS seperately?

Sorry not at this point, selling as a combo, VDS is a must have item IMO for vpi ecosystem 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ikhuong said:

Sorry not at this point, selling as a combo, VDS is a must have item IMO for vpi ecosystem 

Ok, and I agree with this being a must have item. Cheers

2 minutes ago, analog brother said:

I love the 2nd recording you played in the video. May I ask which album/artist that is?

thank you.

nice vpi too! 

U can't see the album cover? 😁

2 hours ago, analog brother said:

Sorry - are you also selling by chance , the Dreamline plus phono cable? 

I love the cables, lol, must be very good alternative cables to arrive to make me depart them, thanks for your interest. 
replacement lines Art of Crystal, rrp price is unreal nowadays 

Edited by ikhuong

5 hours ago, delphi17 said:

Amazing turntable.

Having heard how good this turntable is.

I am very surprised that you are actually selling this.

New owner will be very very happy with this.

Thanks, it is new life rule anyway, once you are hooked to analog sound, and hear the next levels, life is messed again

• 2 weeks later...

Price dropped to sell and fixed

included a Analysis Oval 10 power cable which is an improvement from stock power cord thanks to emi reduction design and fully shielded

Edited by ikhuong