Need Help Choosing UST Projector Screen

Hey guys,

new to the home theater space and sort of getting overwhelmed with projector screen choices.
I have narrowed down the projector to an Samsung LSP9T (because I can get a nice discount).
Hopefully it provides enough lumens for daytime living room viewing. Now I need help choosing a projector screen.
I have looked at elite screens, vividstorm screens, and a couple other brands but the more I look, the more I get confused.

Can someone shed some light?

Any info would be appreciated!

ffdda5dce81c731429149c23e792cf5.jpg

With UST it just needs to be a ceiling light rejecting screen (CLR) due to the extreme angle of projection from the source to the screen surface. If you don't mind the idea of the screen being permanently visible a fixed CLR screen will be cheaper than an electric one. Another value oriented brand you might consider is XY screens PET Crystal model. 

Screen gain (the ratio of light you get back from the screen vs light that hits it from the projector) for a CLR screen is likely to be under 1 I've noticed but thats not likely to be an issue due to the UST projectors short throw and high brightness output. 

A screens half gain angle (the angle of viewing to the screen where brightness drops by half) can be narrowed the higher the gain goes up, but again, given the lower gain in use, less likely to be an issue here. That said depending on the seating layout in your room it can be an important screen spec to at least make yourself aware of. 

Edited by usethe4c

I guess I should add that CLR screens are lenticular (kind of like those old school dvd or blu ray cover images that have a moving scene on them) and as a result rejection figures for how much light in the room doesn't reach the screen or is simply absorbed is up over 90-95%. The low gain likely contributing to the result.