FS: Magico Q3 loudspeakers

Item Condition: Excellent - would suit new buyer
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Winthrop
State: WA
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: No longer required

Further information:

Listed for sale here are my Magico Q3 loudspeakers (the actual item shown in the listing photo). The Q-series was Magico's renowned flagship reference model until 2017 when it was replaced by M-series. I bought these Q3 speakers in 2016 to replace my Magico S3 speakers. They were a significant upgrade in all aspects. In 2018 I upgraded the Q3 to a new pair of M3 which is a current Magico flagship speaker. The upgrade from Q3 to M3 was not as significant improvement as the S3 to Q3 step was. Actually I would be happy to have either transducer as my reference loudspeaker. The Q3 have been in storage inside my home in Perth for the past three years.

Q3 is a sealed enclosure speaker which is very easy to integrate into the listening room as its performance is not constrained by proximity to room side boundaries. They do like some free space behind them. They "fit" in a room with a floor area of about 20 sq meters or larger and will easily pressurize a much larger space. Several SNA forum members have been in my home and listened to these speakers. What they often say is "I wish I hadn't heard them!". Without exception all have been impressed by what they hear.

I am willing to allow a home audition in Perth if the prospective buyer organizes the logistics. Alternatively you can audition them at my home, but I would suggest bring your own power amplifier to make it a more meaningful assessment. These speakers are insanely resolving and should be matched with electronics of similar pedigree.

The purchase price includes shipping via freight and an independent condition report from the local Magico service tech (he will come to my home and plug in his tools to ensure the speakers are on factory spec). The speakers will ship packed as a pair in the original wooden crate (shipping weight is 272 kg). All risk transfers to the buyer on collection. Needless to say it is not possible to unpack these speakers by yourself.

Thanks for looking!

DSC02297.JPG

• Like 3

When the speakers are packed for shipping a protective foam cover is taped to the tweeter. It is held in position by the low-tack "painter's tape". This is a Magico factory thing.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By BWJA
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: SEDDON State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Eft or cash on pickup Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:

Since its original release in 2009, our original LCD2 headphone has been an industry favorite amongst passionate listeners everywhere. 
      This year at RMAF, we will be unveiling a new take on our classic LCD2 design. The new LCD2C headphone comes with a lightweight suspension headband, magnesium rings, remodeled audio jacks, and features the slightly dark sound signature of the original LCD2 driver. Visit us at RMAF to find out more.
      We’ve taken our current generation LCD-2 drivers and removed the Fazor elements, aligning the sound of the LCD-2 Classic with that of the original LCD-2 launched in 2008. The result is a warm and energetic musical experience that heralds back to the early days of Audeze without sacrificing the sound or performance improvements we’ve made over the past decade. Whether you’re an old fan of the original LCD-2 or a brand new Audeze customer looking for an affordable introduction to our LCD line, the LCD-2 Classic is a great option for you!

Hardly used (less than 5 hours) purchased on a whim and don't require them going forward.

A donation will be made to SNA upon sale, low ballers will be politely ignored given how little use these have had.

Comes with cables as supplied, no packaging is with them however I will ensure perfect packing for shipment. 

What it comes with...

LCD-2 Classic planar magnetic headphones 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable User guide and warranty card  
      I can provide invoice from when purchased.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Audionovice
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: Cash or transfer Reason for selling: Backyard renovations Further information:

hello members. Up for sale is my beautiful mint condition gryphons.

best speaker in the price range bar nothing. I am going to be undertaking some large backyard renos and will be needing some funds.

i rate the speaker 9.5/10 for condition.

i noticed this speaker model has been sold before on stereonet, but my one has never been on a forum before.

due to downsize and selling alot of gear to my friends, for demo purposes you would need to bring a cd player or source.

*no boxes but easy to transport .
      i can also assist if required.
      85kg per speaker.

comes with hardback manual with alot of help with speaker placement.

intergrates extremely well in many rooms.. between 30-60 sqm.

thanks

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By Maggie
      Item Condition: New opened Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: VERMONT State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Need fund Further information:

For sale is a  new unit of external linear power  supply specifically matched up the specs for Lumin streamer, developed and source genuinely from LHY audio, CHINA.
      It's same company as Jay's Audio who manufactures the top line Philips CDM4 transport /CDP in market.

Currently, I'm using the same setup e.g. Lumin U1 mini streamer  + Kit  + LHY Linear Power supply ( LPS ) at the moment with great SQ improvement.
      LPS Info here.
      The custom made audiophile grade DC cable is bundled together for the asking price.

The deal & price is only for the Linear power supply unit alone, happy to share the installation process if needed
      For the Kit (  audiophile power filter board that replaces the internal Lumin switch power supply , this is sold separately )
      Please PM me for more info.
      Thanks

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By krazywaffle
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Townsville State: QLD Payment Method: EFT, Cash, PayPal (+2.7%) Reason for selling: Replaced Further information:

Up for sale is the very well known and reviewed Meridian 598 CD/DVD transport. This has served me well for a very long time as it did the previous (original) owner. Comes with Meridian System Remote (MSR), which is particularly useful for DVD playback given the advanced navigation features the 598 offers (see FAQs below).

Only selling because I ended up buying a 598 with a recently replaced drive off a mate (because it sounds that good), otherwise I would have just fix this one and continued to use for another decade.

This unit plays the following formats: CD (normal and MP3), CD-R (normal and MP3), Video CD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R (normal or MP3), DAD, SAD (not SACD), and Hybrid Discs. See FAQs below for more information.  

Was listening to the (rather magical) sound of the 598 connected to a 568.2mm via SmartLink when the photos were taken but upon attempting to eject the CD the drive appears to have failed. Being that it lost its ability to play DVDs about 2 years ago (CDs have continued to work great until today!) I suppose there had to be a "final straw" at some point. Better now than the first time new owner went to use it! Based on the sound and tray “looseness” it seems possible that the tray mechanism might have simply come dislodged during manual tray ejecting, which, if the case, someone tech savvy may be able to restore CD functionality to the current drive (no promise or guarantee).

As demonstrated in the photos, there are no other issues with the 598 (i.e., was playing as per usual right before the "final" tray eject). There is a firmware upgrade available (currently running 1.02 but latest firmware is 1.89). I have the necessary cable and might have access to the updated firmware file (waiting to hear back), so could potentially do the firmware update for new owner before shipping.

Unit comes with the VGA SmartLink cable that came with it when I purchased it from original owner. To my understanding others have found further improvement in performance when using other VGA cables, so could be something worth exploring for new owner. It also has multi-channel digital outputs (5.1 channels) as well as an "AUX digital output" (uniquely configurable) for bitstream output if you are using a non-Meridian DAC/Processor (all digital outputs can be independently set to output 48khz or 96khz).

Depending on savviness, drive replacement (model DSL-710A, DSL-720A, or DRL-200) can be done for approx. $200-500. Note that this unit currently has a DSL-710A drive installed. There are new and used drives available on eBay as well as new drives available directly from Meridian. Installation is, from what I'm told, relatively straightforward for the technically inclined (detailed instructions available online and upon request). Note that to use DSL-720A or DRL-200 drive the unit will require firmware update.

Despite the need for drive replacement (or potential repair) this is one CD/DVD transport that undoubtedly lives up to its long-standing reputation! If you are looking to get the most out of your CD and DVD collection, this high-end reference-level transport will not disappoint!

Shipping in Meridian box with original packaging via Sendle to anywhere in AUS for $25.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

NOTE: Original Nintendo (model 001) that I received Xmas morning some 32 years ago is not included in sale price 🤪

Below are some excerpts from the Meridian FAQ about the 598 to provide additional clarity:

Can I just have stereo?
      "Yes, if you want you can configure the 598 to use only 2 main outputs. In this mode 598 will
      put out 2-channel from CD, it will pass bitstreams like AC-3 and DTS on to a surround
      decoder. Movies can also be decoded to 2-channel PCM or only decoded when they are
      native stereo. In addition, if it suits your system, 598 will access the 2-channel mix on DVDAudio
      discs."

What is MHR?
      "MHR (Meridian High Resolution) is a proprietary method for getting the highest possible
      sound quality in playback systems that use Meridian components like 598, DSP
      Loudspeakers or decoders such as 568.2 or 861.
      MHR also uses proprietary encryption and anti-copy techniques to ensure secure transfer of
      audio streams between elements of a Meridian-only system for the purpose of playback only.
      It provides a secure copyright protection environment and has the very important benefit of
      lowering jitter and improving sound quality on all material.
      MHR is an approved method to pass the highest possible sound quality from 598 to other
      Meridian products like the DSP loudspeakers."

Why do you emphasise media navigation?
      "At the heart of every CD, VCD or DVD player is very complex software that guides the player
      through the medium.
      Meridian has always written its own navigation software for CD, seeing that as the route to
      better playability and hence better sound. With 598 (and 800) Meridian also embraced the
      much more complex task of DVD-Video navigation. By developing this in-house expertise and
      not relying on third-party navigators we are able to make our players not only intuitive and 
      responsive – but even more important – 100% compliant with the specification assuring you
      of trouble-free access to all discs.
      Meridian has developed navigation for DVD-Audio providing the crucial benefit of the ability to
      adapt to the content on the disc."

What about PAL and NTSC?
      "598 will play discs authored in PAL or NTSC. If you select Auto TV standard in the Video
      Settings menu then 598 will play the disc in its native format."

Does the 598 convert PAL to NTSC and vice-versa?
      "Yes it can, and to enable this you use the Video Settings menu. However there are some
      limitations in the handling of menu overlays. It is better if the display device can handle both.
      If your display doesn’t do PAL or NTSC then the translation feature should allow you to enjoy
      the movie."

What about Repeat?
      "598 can repeat tracks, or the whole disc on CD and MP3 discs.
      On DVD-Video 598 supports repeat of Title, Chapter. A–B repeat is available on CD and
      DVD-Video. Currently it does not support repeat for DVD-Audio content."

Will the 598 play CD-R or DVD-R?
      "Yes. The drive’s optics allows optimal reading of CD-based, CD-R, DVD and DVD-R media."

Will the 598 play hybrid discs?
      "Yes. The drive allows optimal playback of the CD layer on a hybrid disc that cannot otherwise
      be played. For example, 598 will play the CD layer of a hybrid SACD disc but it will play the
      DVD-Audio layer of a hybrid DVD."

Will the 598 play DVD+ discs?
      "Yes. A DVD+ disc combines a regular CD on one side with a DVD layer on the other. Such
      discs can be played as CDs or flipped to play as DVD. Since these discs are 1.6mm thick
      (compared with 1.2mm for standard discs) not all players will accept them. 598 does."

Does it play DVD-Audio?
      "Absolutely! Meridian has been closely involved with the development of DVD-Audio and their
      MLP (Meridian Lossless Packing) is not only the highest quality audio format known, it is
      mandatory on DVD-Audio discs. DVD-Audio brings you the sound of the original master
      recording in a fascinating array of options for surround, stereo, audio rates and often with very
      useful video material.
      We are delighted to be able to provide a player in the 500 Series that fully supports DVDAudio.
      Meridian’s 800 was the first high-end player and is the benchmark reference for DVDAudio
      playback. 598 inherits this pedigree."

Does it play VCD?
      "Yes – very well! This feature provides access to thousands of titles."

Does it play DAD?
      "DAD (Digital Audio Disc) and SAD are actually DVD-Video discs that have 96kHz 2-channel
      audio streams. The 598 plays them very well!"

Does the 598 play DTS DVDs?
      "Yes. 598 can decode DTS from DVD and it can provide multichannel or 2-channel outputs.
      The 598 can also be configured to provide the DTS bitstream on its digital outputs for feeding
      an outboard decoder like a Meridian 861, 568.2, 561 or 565."

Does the 598 play DTS CDs?
      "CDs encoded with DTS are non-standard red-book discs. The 598 detects these discs and
      provides the DTS stream on the digital output. Currently the 598 does not decode DTS from
      CD, so if you play one of these discs the analogue outputs will be silent. To hear these discs
      you will need an outboard decoder like a Meridian 861, 568, 561 or 565."

Will it decode HDCD?
      "No, but HDCDs are CD-compatible and will play back just fine."

Does it put out MPEG digital streams?
      "Yes, 598 has options to either decode MPEG audio streams internally or to put out the
      bitstream."

Will it play SACD?
      "Not the high density DSD layer. Of course 598 plays the CD layer of hybrid discs.
      598 has been carefully designed to provide absolute state-of-the-art playback and media
      handling for all mainstream formats that use PCM coding.
      SACD is different as it employs DSD – an analogue-like bitstream lossy coding. Whilst there
      are some so-called universal players available, in the high end we try to maximise each and
      every source. There are no plans to offer support for SACD in 598 and we suspect no really
      high-performance player will optimise CD, DVD and SACD for some time.
      As new formats appear, Meridian will continually assess both their viability and their
      importance to our customers. Our criteria for adding support for formats are absolute
      performance quality and/or anticipated long-term availability of software."

What about MP3?
      "598 allows you to replay MP3 files stored on CD-R or DVD-R. This is a great feature for
      playing back collections, for building long-playing discs for parties or for sharing discs with
      portable players. Using DVD-R you can build MP3 discs with up to 1000 tracks; continuous
      music for between 21 and 70 hours depending on bitrate!"

Why two digital outputs?
      "The 598 has sophisticated down-sampling DSP so it is possible to feed different playback
      systems with normal rate (44.1/48kHz) or double-speed (88.2/96kHz) digital audio. In
      addition, the Meridian 598 supports MHR and this can be used with either socket. See Q. 15.
      This main output can be configured as multichannel or stereo, and in each case the 598 will
      attempt to provide the most compatible signal at the highest audio quality.
      The additional 2-channel output allows you to make both multichannel and stereo (or decoded
      PCM and bitstream) connections between 598 and 568.2. Alternatively the 2-channel output
      can feed a second zone."

What is smart about MHR Smart Link?
      "MHR Smart Link is a new and very exciting addition to the capability of Meridian systems. The
      Main outputs of 598 and the multichannel inputs on 568.2 and 861 support this new feature.
      This link allows a considerable amount of information – metadata – to be carried with the
      audio on our custom digital connections.
      In a 598– 568.2 connection this signalling is used to indicate the number of active channels in
      the source material and the form of original coding on the disc (e.g. Dolby Digital, DTS,
      MPEG, MLP etc). The surround decoder uses this information to automatically select the best
      surround decoder Preset, speaker array (i.e. number, use and position of speakers), etc for
      the current disc.
      Now you need no longer concern yourself with how to adjust 568.2 or 861 to make the
      optimum rendering as you swap discs in the player!"

Has 598 got a headphone socket?
      No.

Can I use the 598 as a preamp?
      "598 does not have any inputs or a variable output, so it isn’t too useful as a preamp! However
      it can be used as the system controller and can display volume and pass these commands on
      to other Meridian products. This means it is a great partner for DSP33 Loudspeaker(s) in a
      simpler system."

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By chimchimster
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Gold Coast State: QLD Payment Method: EFT, Cash or Paypal Reason for selling: Downsizing my collection Further information: 

Don Sebesky - Three Works For Jazz Soloists & Symphony Orchestra
      Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs - MFSL 2-503
      1979 USA  Half Speed Mastered Pressing
      Vinyl is EX
      Cover is EX-

Limited Edition, Reissue, Remastered Double LP Gatefold

To Top