FS: Technics 1200G Grand Class Direct Drive Turntable Made in Japan / AU 240V unit

Item Condition: Like new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Essendon
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on pick up
Reason for selling: Moving

Further information:

Manufactured for AU region 240V. Unit is made in Japan

Pristine condition

Unit includes all original packaging, manual, counterweight and 45 adaptor

Unit does NOT include a headshell 

Coreless Direct Drive Motor

Conventional analogue turntables have problems with degradation in sound quality caused by factors such as minute speed vibration during rotation and rotation irregularity called "cogging." In the SL-1200G, the use of a newly developed coreless direct-drive motor with no iron core eliminates cogging. Also, the twin-rotor construction reduces the bearing load while maintaining high torque and also reduces minute vibration during rotation. These factors enable reproduction of the warm, exquisitely detailed sound etched on analogue records.

High-precision Motor Control Technology

The application of motor control technology developed for Blu-ray devices and switching the drive mode depending on the operational status of the motor achieve a high-starting torque and high-speed stability.

Three-layered Turntable Platter

The turntable has a three-layered construction with a rigidly combined brass and aluminium die-cast platter. With a deadening rubber covering its entire rear surface to eliminate unnecessary resonance, thereby achieving high rigidity and vibration damping. This delivers smooth rotational stability and inertial mass surpassing the SP-10MK2, the direct-drive turntable standard used by broadcast stations worldwide, as well as having more than twice the inertial mass of the SL-1200MK5.

High-level Balance Adjustment

When the weight distribution of the turntable is uneven, excess vibration or noise occurs during rotation, which causes degradation in sound quality. Therefore, the balance of the turntable is adjusted at the factory by using specialized high-precision balance adjustment equipment for each and every item after the turntable is assembled. 

High-sensitive Tonearm

The tonearm employs lightweight magnesium which has a high damping effect, with cold drawing improving the characteristics of the material and achieving the high-precision required. In addition, high initial-motion sensitivity is attained by employing the traditional Technics gimbal suspension construction with horizontal rotation axis and the vertical rotation axis intersecting at a single central point, as well as high-precision bearings using a cut-processed housing.

Four-layered Cabinet Construction

A hairline-processed, 10-mm-thick top panel of immaculate aluminium has been added to the previous three-layered construction of aluminium die-cast, BMC, and heavyweight-class rubber on the SL-1200MK5. This four-layered construction combines high rigidity with a high-quality finish and feel.

High-quality Terminals

The use of brass-milled, gold-plated phono terminals and ground terminals prevent degradation in sound quality while enabling the easy attaching and detaching of cables. Also the use of metal shielding construction inside the case reduces the effects of external noise.

A3631425-82EF-45EE-8304-E6223616DB97.jpeg

BEADD6AF-48BC-44FE-B4BC-6950F272064D.jpeg

Edited by Stereolove
Added AU240V to description.
  • Like 5

Not sure if this has been discussed on Stereonet, but i was told some months ago that all Technics TT's are now made in Malaysia. Over recent years, the Mk7 was made in Malaysia, with the GR and G's made in Japan.

Recently all manufacturing has been moved, so G's like the one for sale here will be the sought after 'made in japan' versions. I have my own SL1200G's and it is the Japanese models that i would want, and that will retain their value in to the future.

GLWTS :)

• Like 2

Yeah that's right - all G models moving forward are being made in Malaysia. Current stock being shipped out to retailers are all MiM. 

Have both MiJ 1210GR and 1210GAE, they are great tables. 

17 hours ago, adhoc said:

Yeah that's right - all G models moving forward are being made in Malaysia. Current stock being shipped out to retailers are all MiM. 

.....and what's wrong with that?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Mason Safari
      Item Condition: mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Thornleigh State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT or Cash Reason for selling: too many headphones - reloccation Further information:
       I am about to sell my beloved and great Rosson Audio Design RAD-0... I purchased it from a very reputable member here on 29 June 2021...it was originally bought on 27/5/21... they are told match for LCD4 but lighter and easier to carry on ... RRP is $3999...it is one of the prettiest headphone I have ever owned ...

this is the headphone in this article:
      https://zeppelinandco.com/collections/headphones/products/headfi-singapore-headphones-earphones-audiophile-amplifier-dac-dap-music-player-tws-rosson-audio-rad-0

some reviews :
      https://www.headphones.com/community/reviews-learning-and-news/rosson-audio-rad-0-review-not-just-a-pretty-planar

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Mason Safari
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Thornleigh State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT or Cash Reason for selling: too many gears - reloccation Further information:

I have purchased this beautiful tube amp few weeks ago from Dan, one of the reputable member here . as I am upgrading and already ordered something I cant cancel, I need to sell this as I am out of room otherwise would keep it happily .  really enjoying the sound signature, natural and clean as a sold state but have the magic of tubes sound as well... I found it excellent match with ZMF and Audeze headphones as well as my HD800S and Meze Empyrean ... I have  0 hum with all the tubes I tries including the original ones and I matched it with different DACs...as far as I remember, I would prefer this one to Auris HA-2SF I used to have... Auris HA-2SF specially has hum which I had to buy a separate Ground defender for it but not with Pendant...

it comes with the stock tubes (JJ Electronics) and a very sturdy Seahorse case for transportation.  I also got few more even enjoyable tubes which I am happy to negotiate for separate pricing ( Tungsram, Telefunken , Brimar and Gold Lion)

with permission of Dan, I  mention his add link... please let me know if you are interested
      review :
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By dirktoggler
      Item Condition: Good / Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pick up Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       I bought this new from an Australian store in January 2020 to connect my phono amp to a Bluesound Powernode 2i as it only has 3.5mm inputs.
      It comfortably outperforms the Kimber Kable Timbre RCA - RCA cable that I had used previously.
      It hasn't been used for the last six months after I changed to an amp that has RCA inputs.
      The only blemish with the cable is there is some tackiness of the rubber on the back of the power pack.
      The red material on the box is from some foam that was resting on top of it that "melted".
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By bunjaba
      Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: CAULFIELD NORTH State: VIC Payment Method: Cash or Paypal Reason for selling: Upgraded almost right after purchasing Bought these at the start of October from Melbourne Hi-Fi, but almost instantly upgraded to Focal Clears because of Addicted to Audio's massive sale on them. Want to recoup some cash on these headphones because this is an expensive hobby to have as a uni student haha. The headphones are lightly used, the cups are clean and it does come with another set of cups, along with two cables and original travel case. Original box not included. The only signs of visible use is the small chip pictured in this listing, otherwise these will pass for brand new. 

Pickup preferred around Caulfield area (can arrange meetup elsewhere), but can organise shipping at buyers expense. Price is slightly negotiable. This is my first post and listing here, moderators please remove anything in this listing that violates the rules. Thanks

(also these headphones are listed on other platforms so you may have seen them elsewhere online but it is the same seller, can verify)

• By VTo
      Item Condition: Good condition for its age Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: St Kilda State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: few too many amps Further information:
      Beautiful Luxman L-31:
      Power (RMS) 2 X 38w/8 ohms Output Impedance: 4 to 16 ohms Phono - Aux 1 - Aux 2 - Tape - Tuner Dimensions: 440 x 160 x 225 mm Weight: 7 Kg 240V model
      Photos:

PLEASE READ

To Top