Which has better bass - Cascade or Th900 or Other?

On 23/10/2021 at 3:53 PM, Monkey4054 said:

Yes. The  Cascade is better as a pure 'bass-cannon' and has more mid-bass quantity, but the TH-900 is a far better headphone overall and in a much higher tier than the Cascade. The TH-900 can hang with top-tier headphones like 1266, LCD-4 etc. The Cascade certainly does not.

Definitely agree.

Cascades are a blunt instrument, by comparison.

The difference in bass quantity between the two is pretty significant.  

I also find the TH-900's very comfortable.  That's an important 'real world' factor...

9 hours ago, DrTobiasFunke said:

I also find the TH-900's very comfortable.  That's an important 'real world' factor...

How do you find the build quality? I saw a review where they said you have to be really careful of the hinges.

6 hours ago, Jman456 said:

How do you find the build quality? I saw a review where they said you have to be really careful of the hinges.

I owned the original one for about 2 years and the hinges are definitely the weak spot. Had to send mine back to fix that.

Not sure if they improved that with later version. 

8 hours ago, Jman456 said:

Haven't had any issues.

But then, they've had a pretty easy life.

The Cascades did feel much more solid.  (Like: if I accidentally sat on them, they'd survive.  Not sure the Fostex's are quite as robust.)