FS: COMPLETE SYSTEM of VITUS AUDIO REFERENCE SERIES ELECTRONICS

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: Unable to sell my Vitus RI-101 mk2. Something has to go!

Further information: Matching Reference Series RCD-100 CD Player, RD-100 Preamp/DAC & RS-100 Power Amp in Silver.

Components come complete with all accessories including remotes (except power amp), manuals on disc and power leads, as well as all original packaging for safe transport. With original RRP over $50K, this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the price. Will separate if no takers for the lot. PM for separate prices or questions.

Those familiar with Vitus will be aware of its reputation for extraordinarily natural reproduction, beautiful engineering and comprehensive features hidden behind minimalist styling. The RCD-100 is able to play CDs using its internal DAC or via digital output to the superb RD-100 DAC. As a full-function Preamp, the RD-100 features RCA and XLR analogue as well as all types of digital inputs - Optical, Coaxial/SPDIF, AES/EBU and USB. This makes it a fairly unique and flexible model in the high end world. Its preamp section is identical to the $14K RL-101 preamp, making the addition of the DAC for only an extra $2K an absolute bargain, and a marketing mistake that Vitus have never repeated! 

With 300W RMS @ 8 ohms/600W RMS @ 4 ohms, the 42kg RS-100 is a beast capable of authoritatively driving any speaker, but with delicacy and refinement when required. It features front panel switching between XLR and RCA inputs. Apologies for not being able to take pics of the rear of the power amp. It's simply too heavy for me to turn around, once in place.

Donation to SNA on sale.
Photos

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3787.JPG

IMG_3622.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

IMG_3616.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3623.JPG

IMG_3624.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3825.JPG

Edited by Audionerd
Rearrange photos
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Audionerd
      Item Condition: As New except for minor dent. Not even run In! Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal Reason for selling: Large bills to pay Further information: Anyone interested in this model will already know its impact on the high end audio industry. I bought a new unit from the importer a few weeks ago. Having been blown away with the cost-performance of its forerunner in the Reference Series, the RI-100, and knowing that the RI-101 mk2 has been reviewed as a bigger upgrade from the RI-101 than the RI-101 was from the RI-100, I realised that this model is likely to be a game changer for many years to come.  Performance ridiculously close to the magnificent $60K SIA-030!! Feedback from a couple of experienced owners reinforced this opinion. You can read all its specs, features and reviews on the web, but one thing in particular interested me. It's rated 300W RMS @8 ohms, same as the RI-100, which has never sounded like it lacked power in my experience. However, it's been reviewed as sounding more effortless and dynamic at higher volumes, indicative of greater power supply reserves amongst other things. This particular version is the only one now current, the DAC/Streamer option being discontinued due to operational issues.

The sad thing for me is that I need to sell this amp without having experienced it in my main system. With the help of the importer, I connected it up to a more basic system to confirm it's working perfectly and start the running in process. However recent medical and other expenses have accumulated to the point where I can't justify hanging onto it, especially with a Vitus Signature CD player running nicely into Boulder monos. I'm not complaining! I'd rather part with the amp before getting used to it, and assume resale will be easier with one that's basically new including packaging and accessories, plus full warranty. The other issue is its weight, as I can't lift it on my own! I'm waiting for Melbourne lockdown to end, so I can get someone to help me put it back in its carton. Currently it's sitting on the floor in its velour cover, where I took the pics. If I can't sell this for a reasonable price, other things will have to go.

The importer tells me that every RI-101 mk2 available until after September has already been sold, with limited supply under global pandemic conditions. For a new buyer at current RRP of $25K, this particular sample represents a unique opportunity to buy one at a great price without having to wait. A very minor dent to a bottom corner of the front panel has just been discovered, so I've decided to drop the price by another $1K for a quick sale. The dent is too small for my photos to reveal.
      Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Audionerd
      Item Condition: As New. Not even run In! Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal Reason for selling: Large bills to pay Further information: Anyone interested in this model will already know its impact on the high end audio industry. I bought a new unit from the importer a few weeks ago. Having been blown away with the cost-performance of its forerunner in the Reference Series, the RI-100, and knowing that the RI-101 mk2 has been reviewed as a bigger upgrade from the RI-101 than the RI-101 was from the RI-100, I realised that this model is likely to be a game changer for many years to come.  Performance ridiculously close to the magnificent $60K SIA-030!! Feedback from a couple of experienced owners reinforced this opinion. You can read all its specs, features and reviews on the web, but one thing in particular interested me. It's rated 300W RMS @8 ohms, same as the RI-100, which has never sounded like it lacked power in my experience. However, it's been reviewed as sounding more effortless and dynamic at higher volumes, indicative of greater power supply reserves amongst other things. This particular version is the only one now current, the DAC/Streamer option being discontinued due to operational issues.

The sad thing for me is that I need to sell this amp without having experienced it in my main system. With the help of the importer, I connected it up to a more basic system to confirm it's working perfectly and start the running in process. However recent medical and other expenses have accumulated to the point where I can't justify hanging onto it, especially with a Vitus Signature CD player running nicely into Boulder monos. I'm not complaining! I'd rather part with the amp before getting used to it, and assume resale will be easier with one that's basically new including packaging and accessories, plus full warranty. The other issue is its weight, as I can't lift it on my own! I'm waiting for Melbourne lockdown to end, so I can get someone to help me put it back in its carton. Currently it's sitting on the floor in its velour cover, where I took the pics. If I can't sell this for a reasonable price, other things will have to go.

The importer tells me that every RI-101 mk2 available until at least September has already been sold, with limited supply under global pandemic conditions, and that the current RRP of $22.5K will rise to $25K. For a new buyer, this particular sample represents a unique opportunity to buy one at a great price without having to wait.
      Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Audionerd
      Item Condition: As New. Not even run In! Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal Reason for selling: Large bills to pay Further information: Anyone interested in this model will already know its impact on the high end audio industry. I bought a new unit from the importer a few weeks ago. Having been blown away with the cost-performance of its forerunner in the Reference Series, the RI-100, and knowing that the RI-101 mk2 has been reviewed as a bigger upgrade from the RI-101 than the RI-101 was from the RI-100, I realised that this model is likely to be a game changer for many years to come.  Performance ridiculously close to the magnificent $60K SIA-030!! Feedback from a couple of experienced owners reinforced this opinion. You can read all its specs, features and reviews on the web, but one thing in particular interested me. It's rated 300W RMS @8 ohms, same as the RI-100, which has never sounded like it lacked power in my experience. However, it's been reviewed as sounding more effortless and dynamic at higher volumes, indicative of greater power supply reserves amongst other things. This particular version is the only one now current, the DAC/Streamer option being discontinued due to operational issues.

The sad thing for me is that I need to sell this amp without having experienced it in my main system. With the help of the importer, I connected it up to a more basic system to confirm it's working perfectly and start the running in process. However recent medical and other expenses have accumulated to the point where I can't justify hanging onto it, especially with a Vitus Signature CD player running nicely into Boulder monos. I'm not complaining! I'd rather part with the amp before getting used to it, and assume resale will be easier with one that's basically new including packaging and accessories, plus full warranty. The other issue is its weight, as I can't lift it on my own! I'm waiting for Melbourne lockdown to end, so I can get someone to help me put it back in its carton. Currently it's sitting on the floor in its velour cover, where I took the pics.

The importer tells me that every RI-101 mk2 available until at least September has already been sold, with limited supply under global pandemic conditions, and that the current RRP of $22.5K will rise to $25K. For a new buyer, this particular sample represents a unique opportunity to buy one at a great price without having to wait.
      Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Audionerd

The sad thing for me is that I need to sell this amp without having experienced it in my main system. With the help of the importer, I connected it up to a more basic system to confirm it's working perfectly and start the running in process. However recent medical and other expenses have accumulated to the point where I can't justify hanging onto it, especially with a Vitus Signature CD player running nicely into Boulder monos. I'm not complaining! I'd rather part with the amp before getting used to it, and assume resale will be easier with one that's basically new including packaging and accessories, plus full warranty. The other issue is its weight, as I can't lift it on my own! I'm waiting for Melbourne lockdown to end, so I can get someone to help me put it back in its carton. Currently it's sitting on the floor in its velour cover, where I took the pics.

Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Sound Suite
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Marrickville State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT Paypal add 3% - Credit Card Reason for selling: Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade Further information: 
      For sale is the Vitus SIA-030. It's 6 months old and was purchased brand new in Australia. Still under factory warranty.  

Retailing in aus for close to sixty five K!

I'm asking half price! 

This is the finest integrated amplifier I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. It's so good in fact that the unit is being sold on due to upgrading to Pre-Power! 
      What's the only possible thing better than a Vitus Integrated? 

Although this has been only something to get me through while I await my power amps which have been on holiday for upgrades overseas since prior to the pandemic. 

It's undeniably the best sound you'll hear, it is surprisingly cool considering it's class A and it will power just about any speaker. 
      I'd used this baby with 86 DB two way speakers in large rooms and it didn't skip a beat. 
      The unit comes in its original box and can travel anywhere in the world. It's power supply is rated 230v. It weighs a tonne though so please keep in mind that shipping won't be cheap. 
      Depending on timing this will likely cost around $500-1k to ship.
      This beauty only just was released at the Munich high end show in 2019 and it sold out quickly around the world. This will have a long lifespan and it's pretty much brand spanking new.
      PLUS - it's 63kg 

Some notes from Positive Feedback

SUMMARY
      All the features I discussed are presented at a very high level. It's a proper high-end device. It is also clearly a custom proposition, different from what one can hear with other amplifiers from such brands as McIntosh, Soulution, or Ancient Audio, closer to what—for example—Dan D'Agostino and Kondo propose. I do not distinguish tube and solid-state devices on purpose. Each of them has something special to offer, but in top high-end class they have more in common than you might think.
      The SIA-030 is relatively small by super-integrated standards, and yet it executes a perfect control over speakers, not only when in AB class, but also in the A class operation. The AB class allows you to play in large rooms with difficult speakers. But class A is more natural and credible. And that's good—this is about choice. Because SIA-030 is a fantastically equipped integrated amplifier with beautiful sound. It's the best integrated amplifier, maybe next to the Soulution 530 I've ever heard. Our highest GOLD Fingerprint award is just a formality, despite the fact that the SIA-030 is one of the cheapest (!) amplifiers from this manufacturer.
      DESIGN
      SIA-030 is a stereo integrated amplifier, that belongs to the "Signature" series. The company offers its components divided into four series. It starts with "Reference," then there is "Signature," then "Masterpiece," and finally "Design Studio Series." Products from the latter have not yet been presented, it's a project that have been developed for many years by Hans Ole and once ready the components from this line will be produced upon order.
      Technique
      I described the appearance of the tested amplifier in the introduction, now let me just add that the sides of the device are actually huge heat-sinks. PCBs with output stages and transistors are bolted to the heat-sinks on the inside In this way, the left and right channels are far apart, which reduces crosstalk. As many as six complementary pairs of transistors work there, but not all of them operate in the same way. As the owner of Vitus told me, this is his original idea, which took him ten minutes to come up, and then a year to implement.
      The difference I'm talking about is part of the idea for two modes of operation—"Classic" and "Rock." In the former the amplifier works with only one complementary pair of transistors per channel. This simplifies the design and counteracts the creation of a feedback impulse from the transistors (transistors inside the housing resemble a coil, and the coil's characteristic feature is that after we feed it a signal, some of it goes back towards the source). The other two pairs operate as a trans-impedance section, or current source. After switching to the "Rock" mode, which takes several seconds, before the parameters of the transistors are established, they are configured as a classic push-pull amplifier with three parallel pairs of transistors. And that's the whole secret. Let's add that these are bipolar transistors, complementary pairs of 2SA1216 + 2SC2922.
      Technical specifications (according to manufacturer)
        Nominal output (class A/class AB): 30/200 W/8 Ω Frequency range: DC-800 kHz Input sensitivity: 2/4/8 Vrms Input impedance (RCA | XLR): 10 kΩ | 10 kΩ S/N ratio: > 120 dB THD + N: < 0.01% Power consumption: standby: < 2.5 W | class AB: 100 W | class A: 175 W Dimensions (H x W x D): 268 x 435 x 530 mm Weight: approximately 63 kg  
      Photos:

To Top