FS: Oswalds Mill Audio Parallex poweramp

Item Condition: excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Carlton
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: Too many amps

Further information:

For sale is an Oswalds Mill Audio Parallex PL519 amplifier, come with separate power supply.  The chassis is solid dove tail jointed Philadelphia walnut with specially cut slate top.

using PL519, a television sweep tube, in ‘screen’ mode as OMA described it, the tube is being used in triode mode.  A low powered tube amp best suited to high efficiency speakers 95 db plus, in particular horns.  OMA’s description on their website:

https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/parallax

OMA is renown for the design and beautiful workmanship.  There aren’t many reviews online because Johnathon of OMA do not like audio reviews.  There are some info on YouTube about OMA.

The sound of their horn system is jaw dropping.  The sound is natural, open and musical.

The current retail price for this amp I believe is about $30,000USD, more than $40,000AUD! OMA never publish their prices.  They have put their prices up massively in the last ten years.  I was told by OMA that their phono stage (ex pre) alone is now 30,000 plus USD.  
I am happy to accept reasonable offers.  I am merely trying to recoup some of the cost.

I bought mine from a US dealer of OMA a few years back.  I also have the phono pre but that’s not for sale. 

A pair of RSD PL519 will be included as well as a pair of rare Telefunken PL519.  
This is an earlier version of the amp without the built in volume control.

Photos:

A51DFE3E-4906-4C6F-AED4-2F6469762632.thumb.jpeg.cdadf4d24c7a5c5b02a2144c45f0dc39.jpeg9C2E580B-998F-4D4B-81FA-1129D70D74B7.thumb.jpeg.942922a6c32c860bb4934f339f889f20.jpeg
Pl519 amplifier

0A5E91A3-81EF-4B9C-93F3-5245F907AC48.thumb.jpeg.946c4df733d69865ffc1acd439f2ac71.jpeg
110v power supply

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.
Edited by denimhunter
Typos
  • Like 8
  • Love 3