Squid Game

On 29/9/21 at 4:46 PM, pcking said:

Squid Game anyone ? , looks pretty gruesome.

Watching it now - a weird little series yet strangely captivating……

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Pigpen said:

Watching it now - a weird little series yet strangely captivating……

After watching further episodes, I believe the word I was looking for was quirky in violent, anti social, family oriented way….

8 hours ago, Pigpen said:

After watching further episodes, I believe the word I was looking for was quirky in violent, anti social, family oriented way….

Quite so, 

On 04/10/2021 at 1:37 PM, Jakeyb77_Redux said:

Squid Game reminds me of Twilight Zone Black Mirror kind of stuff. Great watching 

Apparently the phone number displayed on the business card in the movie for people to ring and join Squid Game is a real number.

The owner has been receiving 4000 phone calls a day ! 

6 hours ago, pcking said:

Apparently the phone number displayed on the business card in the movie for people to ring and join Squid Game is a real number.

If not a wind-up or publicity stunt - that's all kinds of wrong.

If a wind-up / publicity stunt - just a different type of wrong.

Soooooo, (therefore) wrong in any case. 

20 hours ago, zippi said:

If not a wind-up or publicity stunt - that's all kinds of wrong.

If a wind-up / publicity stunt - just a different type of wrong.

Soooooo, (therefore) wrong in any case. 

528A7489-3C80-4688-A0FF-11984648FCC8.png

On 05/10/2021 at 4:11 PM, pcking said:

"Hi, for further information paypal $2.00 to mypaypal@ripoff.com."

Then:

"The TV show is real, the game is fiction. I am not associated with either the TV show or the game at all. Thanks for enquiring."

:angel:

• Like 1
  • Volunteer

What a series! Now officially #1 Netflix most watched show of all time.

Really didn't think I would get into it but wife and I ended up binging it across a few nights.

Looking forward to Season 2, but also rumours of a prequel. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't watched Squid Game at all, but my sister in law sent me a link about honeycomb challenge from Squid Game  is real, which I used to play this game with friends when I was in primary, after school in early 70s in Korea. Brings me back good old memories of my childhood. :)

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/i-tried-squid-games-honeycomb-challenge-and-its-harder-than-it-looks

Edited by vinilink
link page
  • Like 2

The only TV show I can recall that I was excited to look forward to watching the next episode...really enjoyed it...refreshingly good/different...and slow unfoldment of the intriguing plot...rarely did I feel my intelligence insulted as a viewer...sucked me right in...hook, line and sinker...

Looking forward also to a possible S2 though I am disappointed some of the original characters that have died in S1  may not return...my fav was the old man...a possible mooted prequel to bring back all the original characters would be interesting...really hoping that the original writer(s) can maintain the quality of the show and viewing...though I think the magic/impact of S1 will be hard to replicate once again...here's hoping!

Edited by BLAH BLAH
  • Like 2