Kind of Blue - UHQR. Who received theirs and who is still waiting?

Ordered mine in June with Discrepancy, but now no ETA, but an assurance copies will arrive "in the future". 

So, should I cancel my preorder and look somewhere else or do you think there are genuinely production delays with this release? (25,000 copies are to be produced)

Any other anxious waiters who have ordered from similar vendors?

I ordered through Discrepancy - no shipping info yet.  But also through Acoustic Sounds, they arrived yesterday.  IMO, the best version of KoB.

12 hours ago, Hydrology said:

Ordered mine in June with Discrepancy, but now no ETA, but an assurance copies will arrive "in the future". 

So, should I cancel my preorder and look somewhere else or do you think there are genuinely production delays with this release? (25,000 copies are to be produced)

Any other anxious waiters who have ordered from similar vendors?

Yeah mine also through discrepancy, but seems they have no visibility of when stock will arrive.

I want to stay loyal to aussie stores, but if it means missing out that would be annoying

always tricky. i reckon local orders will be OK.  Some copies already on discogs, so I dont think ppl will miss out - maybe only those who didnt pre-order

I've done a few pre-orders via Discrepancy over the last few years and they have been reliable.
Their site may say NO STOCK but that just means all their allotted quota has been pre-ordered.
(Still have Tapestry MoFi One Step to come which I paid for many months ago. Supposed to arrive October but would not be surprised if it came as late as December)

I think you will find that their stock is on it's way to Australia but shipping is slower than normal due to COVID.

So if you pre-ordered, be patient your order will materialise.

• Like 1

Yes kinda annoyed with it. Especially I order on the day discrepancy put it on sale which was 5th of may. But reordering it somewhere will definitely put you in the back of the queue. so just need to be patient I guess

1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

I ordered through Discrepancy - no shipping info yet.  But also through Acoustic Sounds, they arrived yesterday.  IMO, the best version of KoB.

At $220 plus dollars it had want to be!  Although i read that there is a 2x45 version already in the pipeline............

31 minutes ago, waxonwaxoff said:

I must have lucked out on this.

I ordered direct from Acoustic Sounds and they dispatched 24th June, so I've had my copy for quite a while.

Number 5862.

yep - your number suggests it was an earlier release.  The ones for me that just arrived are 10,000 serial number

37 minutes ago, williac said:

At $220 plus dollars it had want to be!  Although i read that there is a 2x45 version already in the pipeline............

there are more expensive ones than this release.

13 minutes ago, beark said:

John did you order through acoustic sounds 

yes mate and Discrepancy (though i'd forgotten that pre-order...).

I normally purchase twice a month from Acoustic Sounds - typically 6 albums a purchase to spread out the shipping cost.  Shipping is Approx $60US for 6-7 albums.  The order is usually Analogue Productions, Impex, Mofi, Classic Records or other 45rpm Audiophile releases.  When i saw the KoB for pre-order on AS, i ordered 3 ($100US ea from memory)

Edited by scuzzii

2 hours ago, scuzzii said:

yes mate and Discrepancy (though i'd forgotten that pre-order...).

I normally purchase twice a month from Acoustic Sounds - typically 6 albums a purchase to spread out the shipping cost.  Shipping is Approx $60US for 6-7 albums.  The order is usually Analogue Productions, Impex, Mofi, Classic Records or other 45rpm Audiophile releases.  When i saw the KoB for pre-order on AS, i ordered 3 ($100US ea from memory)

I received mine about a month ago better than the mofi

I placed my order with Acoustic Sounds on the 30th of May. It was despatched from their Kansas warehouse on the 7th of October. It arrived at Melbourne Airport this morning 13th October at 7:20. This is a very interesting video about the record.

• Like 2
On 13/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, attunement said:

I placed my order with Acoustic Sounds on the 30th of May. It was despatched from their Kansas warehouse on the 7th of October. It arrived at Melbourne Airport this morning 13th October at 7:20. This is a very interesting video about the record.

great advertorial!

On 13/10/2021 at 10:48 AM, rockpig said:

I've done a few pre-orders via Discrepancy over the last few years and they have been reliable.
Their site may say NO STOCK but that just means all their allotted quota has been pre-ordered.
(Still have Tapestry MoFi One Step to come which I paid for many months ago. Supposed to arrive October but would not be surprised if it came as late as December)

I think you will find that their stock is on it's way to Australia but shipping is slower than normal due to COVID.

So if you pre-ordered, be patient your order will materialise.

Just received notification that Tapestry has been pushed back to Dec, possibly Jan 2022! Bugger

I've also preordered via Discrepancy and still waiting indefinitely.  I'll be happy to sit tight.

Does seem there could be some merit in co-ordinating group purchases via acoustic sounds to save on postage?  I'd be happy to take part in that.  But then logistics to get things to people is a headache in itself I suppose.

Pre orders are evil things. Fear of missing out vs the eternal wait. 

I did a pre order of Nirvana's Bleach in June '20 for July '20 delivery with Discrepency. Ended up after I kept following up (no word from the seller) coming in December '20.

Amazon was Jewel boxset (30years?). Rocked up after a 6 month delay but at least Amazon only took my cash when confirmed as sent and gave option to cancel.

• Like 1

Pre-ordered mine from Audiophile Reference Recordings. No word yet. Hopefully they're in the country and we don't have to wait for another pressing as someone suggested!

On the subject of delays, I'm waiting on the Dylan Bootleg Series 4 LP set pressed up by Third Man Records. According to the tracking, it cleared customs on 24 September and on 8 October it was with the Australia Post sorting centre in Sunshine - which seems to be where it's stuck ever since! I checked with my local post office yesterday who confirmed this is not uncommon at the moment, so maybe that's where all the missing KoB's are! 🤷‍♂️

On 19/10/2021 at 11:06 PM, rodders3 said:

Pre orders are evil things. Fear of missing out vs the eternal wait. 

And how frustrating is it when you see it in the shops weeks before yours eventually arrives (or doesn't, as the case may be!)