FS: QUAD Z-4 TOP-OF-RANGE FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: Top model in Quad's current range of cone speakers in beautiful piano rosewood finish with RRP of $8600. 

While Quad are renowned for electrostatic speakers, these are the most exotic cone speakers that Quad have ever made, featuring their revolutionary Z-Series silky smooth ribbon tweeter.

Elegantly curved enclosures reduce internal standing waves and aid the external dispersion pattern. Coupled with heavy internal bracing, the cabinets are low in unwanted resonances and high in soundstage size and openness.

Hi-Fi News Nov 2016 Editor's Choice: "Naturally open and detailed sound devoid of any character traits. Tonally it's smooth with well extended bass... Ribbon tweeter is lightning fast".

All accessories and packaging for safe transport are included, as is warranty. There is some external cabinet damage towards the bottom of one edge. Repair has left a small remnant, only visible close up, but nothing to affect perfect operation. See the last photo. Otherwise the pair are in virtually faultless condition.

Donation to SNA on sale.

SPECIFICATIONS

Design: 5-driver, 3-way Reflex

High frequency driver: 90 x 12mm True Ribbon

Midrange driver: 120mm Black Glass-fibre Cone

Low frequency drivers: 3 x 175mm Black Glass-fibre Cones

Input sensitivity: 90dB, making them easy to drive

Crossover frequencies: 300Hz and 3.5kHz

Cabinet volume: 43L

Dimensions: 1175H x 267W x 340D

Net weight: 23.5kg each

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_3698.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3697.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

Edited by Audionerd
Adding photos
  • Like 2

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By NYMo
      Looking at picking up an old pair of Leak speakers which are 15 ohms.
      The three spare amps that I have ( which are all 8 Ohms ) are Quad 303, Quad 405 and an Earl Watson Trinity valve @11 Wpc.
      i know the power output is halved when a 15ohm speaker is powered by 8ohm output, so which would be the best of my amps for the job ?

Supplementary to this, I also need to power a pair of Tannoy T225 Mayfair ( which are 8ohm) so a recommendation for one of my amps would be greatly appreciated.
      cheers
    • By simple_p_c
      Item Condition: Well used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Jurong West Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Changing system Further information:  Fully working, all drivers in excellent condition. Scratch on one side. Original $2k twin KEVLAR drivers

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved Do not include Whatsapp or Phone Numbers in your post. You can exchange contact information via Private Message If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item When your item is SOLD, please use the Report as Sold button. Do not edit and delete the ad content. If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By buddyev
      Item Condition: very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Richmond 3121 State: VIC Payment Method: cash on pick up Reason for selling: upgrade Further information: Quad 22L 2 in gloss black.  As you can see its very difficult to photograph but they are in very good to excellent condition and a beautiful piece of furniture.
      Includes the original outrigger spikes.

Transducer Complement 2.5 Way 
      Cone Bass Driver 170mm / 6.5 
      Cone Bass / Mid Driver 170mm / 6.5 
      Soft Dome Tweeter 25mm / 1 
      Nominal Impedance 6 Ohms 
      Frequency Response (-6dB) 30Hz - 28kHz 
      Upper Limit (-10dB) 32kHz 
      Power Handling - Continuous 150W 
      Power Handling - Recommended Amplifier 50-300W 
      Enclosure type Ported / Sealed Mid 
      System Fb 35Hz 
      Crossover Frequency(s) 150Hz, 3kHz 
      Construction 15/25mm MDF 
      Dimensions HxWxD :850x205x278mm

https://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/quad-22l2-99671/review

Photos:

• By Sander H.
      Item Condition: Excellent condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Perth (NOR; Westminster 6061) State: WA Payment Method: Paypal (+3%), Cash on Pickup, PayID Reason for selling: No longer selling as a set I'm selling my Quad set: Quad Vena integrated amplifier + 2x Quad S-1 bookshelf speakers + 2x Vandenhul The Snowline speaker cables.

I have been listening to this set for a few years and have always been very happy with it. It's amazing how much music can come from a small set like this. But I'm ready to upgrade, which is the only reason I'm selling.

This is a perfect set for "starters", people to look getting into HiFi. The Vena has ample inputs, of which two are analog and the rest are digital:

Aux1 (analog) Aux2 (analog) Coax (digital) Opt1 (digital) Opt2 (digital) USB (type B, digital, you can connect this amp directly to, e.g., a Ropieee powered Raspberry Pi - Roon!) iPod (type A, digital) Bluetooth (digital)  
      Output power: 45W per channel (quoted). It does not have a Phono input (I use a Schiit Mani for that purpose). It comes with a small, stylish remote control.

The speaker covers are magnetic and can be taken off quite easily. The speakers can be bi-wired (see images). Speaker stands are not included.

I'm selling this as a Plug&Play solution, which is why I include a pair of Vandenhul speaker cables (The Snowline, spades on one end, exposed wire on the other). Length roughly 2m each. You only need to provide a source.

Audition is absolutely possible. Amplifier and speakers are as new, not a scratch on them. (Please note this is not the Vena II.)

• By Candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  

Devadip Carlos Santana & Turiya Alice Coltrane - Illuminations (QUAD)
      US 1974 quad mastered original
      (Columbia - PCQ 32900) 
      VG+/VG+  
      Beautiful clean copy with little to no wear on the cover or disc.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once sold, a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

To Top