GIESELER PHONO STAGE – coming soon

Gieseler Audio

I personally preferred plattenspieler but I think for a lot of people it may be confusing so

have decided to go with Fonograf.

At least it sounds like it is related to turntables.

Thanks agin for all your input.

Final case panels will be about four weeks away but in the mean time I can machine up some plastic 

ones to use on the prototype.

I will get the revision two boards ordered today so I will have the Mark II prototype ready in about ten days.

It is a very flexible design with lots of user adjustments & will suit MC or MM.

For lowest noise a IC swap is required between MC & MC.

There will be a extra set of IC sockets on the board to store the two extra chips.

I'm using LME49990's chips which are a bipolar input design but for MM they do raise the noise floor slightly.

Substituting a Jfet input chip minimises the noise so hence that option.

The LME49990 is a awesome opamp but has been out of production for a fair while, fortunately I stocked up

when they were last available.

Edited by Gieseler Audio
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Gieseler Audio said:

I personally preferred plattenspieler but I think for a lot of people it may be confusing

Indeed, it literally means turntable, so that would be misleading. A phono preamp is not a turntable.

1 minute ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Well then lets try plattenspielerphonogieseler...simples...love those long germanic words...

Schallplattenverstärkerentzerrungsapparatur. How wide is the front plate going to be? :D 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...