WITHDRAWN: Pioneer N70ae DAC Music Streamer

Item Condition: Used, In excellent condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Cranbourne North
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Sticking to my current setup

Highly rated streamer, the Pioneer N70ae streamer has amazing sound quality through the 32 bit Sabre ES9016S DACS and is capable of streaming and playing any Hi Res format. Built in support is available for Tidal, Deezer, Spotify, TuneIn internet radio. There’s also AirPlay, as well as DLNA playback of music on your network via laptop or NAS drive.

Recently purchased from a SNA member. I first connected the streamer through XLR cables to my Rotel RC1590 preamp (powering ML 532H through Focal Electra BE1038s) and was amazed at the clarity of music, specially the DSD files and MQA files. However, I was disappointed that the most recent upgrade to Tidal streaming has not been fixed yet by a firmware upgrade. Tidal has changed its streaming setup where MQA tags have been deleted and the player only plays back the FLAC version @ 44.1khz, 16 bit resolution. I tried Deezer Hi fi and the clarity of the music was again simply amazing. I next connected my Bluesound Node 2i through the Pioneer as the DAC and this took the music to an almost different level (no issues with the mqa files this way, as the player does the unfolding of the files without fuss).

Ideal for someone who does not listen to Tidal MQA (the only issue I can see in the player). Otherwise a very capable, and going by the weight, solidly built streamer. Can be controlled via the Pioneer Remote App (available for both Android and Apple). There's Airplay, Chromecast built in and FireConnect if you need to use any of these.

RRP $2999, but I have seen the model available for $2400, still a very good bargain for half the RRP. Price is firm.

I would have loved to hang on to this, but given that Sharp Corporation has bought Onkyo/Pioneer recently, do not know if a firmware upgrade for the Tidal MQA issue is coming anytime soon. For the timebeing, I will continue to listen to the Bluesound Node via the Rotel preamp. (I am sorely tempted to upgrade to the Rotel RC1590mkII which has been released this year and is capable of full MQA unfolding).

With the current restrictions on I cannot demo, but in case restrictions are lifted, will be happy to demo for anyone willing to travel to VIC SE.

Comes with all original accessories and cables and in original packaging.

I prefer to send via PackandSend for an agreed fee. The package is very heavy, so would prefer to use PackandSends insurance as well. Cost me $53 to get the package from NSW to my place a couple of weeks ago.

Further information:

5 star review from Whathifi:

https://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/n-70ae/review

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

20210916_103619.jpg

20210916_103635.jpg

20210916_103702.jpg

20210916_105124.jpg

Edited by AllRounder10
Withdrawn item as I have changed my mind about the sale.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Very nice of the seller to point out the potential software issue with Tidal MQA.

This is a highly rated streamer.

GLWS

I agree but honesty pays, it informs potential buyers  and with any luck one of us can help him with his issue... 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, pretender said:

I agree but honesty pays, it informs potential buyers  and with any luck one of us can help him with his issue... 

100% agree.     I was looking at getting the Pioneer streamer but wanted a used unit.  One did not come up, so bought a new Node.

Then one came up.  Go figure as I only use Spotify for discovering new music and bbq's.

Streaming etc sometimes makes my main analog front end seem simple  😁

I am sure Pioneer will have a se update 

Anyway,  bargin for someone on SNA

1 hour ago, pretender said:

Thanks. I will always be candid as I don't want to mislead anyone.

Anyway your suggestion of using Mconnect seems to work. I can see the hi res flac files now & sounds great too. I haven't been able to open up the system as the family's home now. I'll test this further tomorrow and then decide if I want to sell or not.

Many thanks for the advice.

Screenshot_20210916-185216_mconnectHD.jpg

20210916_185441.jpg

• Like 2

On 16/09/2021 at 5:52 PM, metal beat said:

100% agree.     I was looking at getting the Pioneer streamer but wanted a used unit.  One did not come up, so bought a new Node.

Then one came up.  Go figure as I only use Spotify for discovering new music and bbq's.

Streaming etc sometimes makes my main analog front end seem simple  😁

I am sure Pioneer will have a se update 

Anyway,  bargin for someone on SNA

I had a node in the past and although super convenient to use, I was not too impressed sound quality wise using an external dac. I guess the Pioneer is a big upgrade? Do you use its internal dac?

• Like 1
On 18/09/2021 at 11:02 AM, pretender said:

I had a node in the past and although super convenient to use, I was not too impressed sound quality wise using an external dac. I guess the Pioneer is a big upgrade? Do you use its internal dac?

The Node is a great player punching well above its weight. The Pioneer is better sounding, a little more precise and natural sounding and has that extra something that the Node lacks. It's definitely an upgrade, but not sure if it can be described as big IMO. 

The Node's interface is great, but the same cannot be said about the Pioneer's remote app. It definitely needs an overhaul, and in my opinion is the weakest part of such a great streamer.

I have never used the Node through an external DAC, so can't comment on that aspect.

On 18/09/2021 at 11:02 AM, pretender said:

The Node is a great player punching well above its weight. The Pioneer is better sounding, a little more precise and natural sounding and has that extra something that the Node lacks. It's definitely an upgrade, but not sure if it can be described as big IMO. 

The Node's interface is great, but the same cannot be said about the Pioneer's remote app. It definitely needs an overhaul, and in my opinion is the weakest part of such a great streamer.

I have never used the Node through an external DAC, so can't comment on that aspect.

• Like 1

That’s the usual trade off between sound and interface quality for both of you. It is not easy to get both!
I am only streaming Tidal and internet radios. I don’t want a external computer running and therefore no Roon.

I am running a Sotm Sms200 but the only way to have both is to run LMS, which I don’t like.

Then the node was great to use but I did not like it’s sound.

I just bought a Project S2 ultra and hopefully both the sound and the functionality are good. Try and error…

• Like 1