Tidal Exclusive mode distortion/clipping on all Master tracks?????

Simon900

Hi Guys,

Anyone else experienced this? I've engaged Tidal tech support, and have uninstalled the Windows App and cleared the  folders, but still doing it. :(

I'm running a Windows 10 Surface Pro 3, in a Dock off to a Emotiva XDA-2 DAC via USB

Any suggestions or thoughts would be welcome.

6 minutes ago, a.dent said:

I think you're hearing what the artist intended the tracks to sound like😇. Master Quality Authenticated.

Try turning off MQA completely or switch to Qobuz.

MQA pass through or not doesn't effect it. Is there a setting to completely switch off MQA?

I'll look into Qobuz.

Sorry. I was joking about MQA sounding distorted. More my distorted sense of humour about an entirely unnecessary and, some would say, immoral software.

Even if you turn off MQA processing entirely most Tidal tracks are only available as MQA files despite being labelled 16/44.1 or 24/44.1.

Qobuz avoids MQA completely and with the recent price drop is also cheaper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon900 said:

Hi Guys,

Anyone else experienced this? I've engaged Tidal tech support, and have uninstalled the Windows App and cleared the  folders, but still doing it. :(

I'm running a Windows 10 Surface Pro 3, in a Dock off to a Emotiva XDA-2 DAC via USB

Any suggestions or thoughts would be welcome.

I read on Reddit (that unimpeachable source😃) that Tidal Exclusive works by disabling any upsampling (eg to 48kHz) within the source device and locks the signal to 44.1.  Of course your dac will be fine with this but perhaps it's having an odd effect within your Surface Pro which is more accustomed to handling signals at 48?

Just a thought, I am definitely no expert.