NAD C 658 and Apple Hi-Res lossless

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody can shed some light on how to connect either my iPhone iPad and or iMac to my NAD C 658 in order to stream Apple Hi-Res lossless audio to it (24-bit 192kH) if it's possible?

I am absolutely clueless and when I rang the audiophile shop I purchased the NAD deck from, they suggested I Google it, dreadful service.

Any information or direction will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

only way to connect to a BlueOS device such as the NAD C 658 or Node is via Airplay. It’s very good however cannot stream Hi Res so maxed at 16/44. In my experience Hi Res Audio doesn’t necessarily = better sound quality so sit back and enjoy.

• Like 1

Not quite right.  USB from a Mac to the 658 will give you hires.

But, and this is the kicker right now - apple don’t have any software that allows you to control iTunes running on said Mac, remotely.  The old remote app only works for your library, not the online subscriber streaming material.

I use the chrome Remote Desktop plugin to get around this since it’s free unlike almost all other Remote Desktop solutions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lil Caesar said:

Not quite right.  USB from a Mac to the 658 will give you hires.

But, and this is the kicker right now - apple don’t have any software that allows you to control iTunes running on said Mac, remotely.  The old remote app only works for your library, not the online subscriber streaming material.

I use the chrome Remote Desktop plugin to get around this since it’s free unlike almost all other Remote Desktop solutions.

I have always thought streaming excluded a wired connection but you are quite right as I have an external HD connected to my Node and it plays Hi Res no problem.