FS: WILSON WATT 6 SPEAKERS. Price reduced

Item Condition: Used but working beautifully
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: 3134 Ringwood North
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal Cash EFT
Reason for selling: Not using much any more

Further information: The story

About 5 years ago, I bought a the bass units for these speakers from a Stereonet member for about $3300.  These are the original Wilsons in their crates. 

I then went on a mission to complete the set but the Tiny Tots were way beyond my budget.   I then searched and found 

plans and specs, including the crossovers and drivers on the net . I was fortunate to find the Focal Tweeters and ScanSpeak Bass Mids NOS in Melbourne for about $1000 all up.  Then I found a cabinet maker in Melbourne who had been recommended by a Stereonet member and he built the Tots according to the specs and many internet images., including the grab handles which apparently were on the originals for ease of use in a studio. He recommended a spray painter who sprayed the speakers in a shiny black to match the bass units.

Next, Dr Sound built the crossovers,  using the very best components and I sourced the other hardware. 

These speakers weigh a ton.  And  even though I love lugging my speakers around, I cannot move them without help. 

Included are the 4 pieces, floor spikes, and I think I can find the grilles somewhere (no guarantee).  The Tots stand on the lip of the bass units and I used to adjust the angle with custom built wedges of three different degrees. (I suggest the same, but you have to make. source your own wedges)

Condition: Obviously these are used, so  don;t expect "mint"  - but they look and sound amazing. If you, like me, have often dreamt of a owning a massive world class speaker, these are just that.   For years, I used the Tots only and they are in my opinion, worth the asking price on their own.  (Check the specs, dimensions etc, on the net,)

Courier is  an option -- and is included in the price.
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

Pair shiny.jpg

pair me.jpg

handles.jpg

f + b 2.jpg

label woofer.jpg

Rear woofer.jpg

pair.jpg

Edited by Trevor Whittle
Make better
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, Trevor Whittle said:

The top is DIY (pro) and the bottoms are WIlson

Hi just wanted to ask what the top diy enclosure is made of?  

Enclosure material makes a huge difference to the sound of a speaker and Wilson's enclosure materials are usually proprietary.  Online it says for the top unit of the 6 : "The series-6 WATT was constructed of a mineral-filled acrylic-based material that had been used for the WATT for 15 years. "For the series-7 WATT, Wilson Audio turned to its M material, a high-tech composite that's used in varying degrees in the cabinets of all other Wilson Audio speakers.

Regardless of the material you have used its a fantastic clone effort and I'm sure they sound wonderful.

LPG

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Baz W
      Item Condition: Near Mint Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Gold Coast State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Some are imported and now hard to get. Will combine with my other blues posting.

• By Baggio
      Item Condition: Great Condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: West Pennant Hills State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information:
      One of the best enthusiasts 7 x channel x 200 watts into 8 power amplifiers available.
      Only ever been used for rear effects with mono blocks used for front channel. In absolutely brand new like condition. This is still the current model, with an optional XD upgrade being the only difference.
      As an added bonus, the unit will also come with a DanA carbon fiber base which provides added sound insulation. It also has wheels underneath to help push the 45kg power amp forwards & backwards when required for access behind and a more stable floor base.
      See the following URL for further detail about the features of the unit: https://www.krellhifi.com/products/chorus-7200-xd-multi-channel-amplifier/

Photos:

• By Janjuggler
      Item Condition: Very Good ++ Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: TORQUAY State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal (Friends + Family) or +3%, Cash, EFT + Post Reason for selling: Upgrading System Further information:

Well regarded Turn Table from European Audio Team, EAT C-SHARP (Currently selling for $6499)

Separate Power supply and speed controller, does not come with cartridge.

With Carbon Fibre and Termoplastic Elastomer, Eat was designing a new superflat table. The low profile base chassis is made out of highest density MDF. Because of its flatness this base sits perfectly stable on any surface! On this base the ultra low noise motor is mounted as well as 10 damping feets out of energy absorbing TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomers = Hightech high energy absorbing damping material). The cone shape TPE columns carry a SANDWICH sub-chassis out of Carbon Fibre and MDF composite with ultimate rigidity.
      The stiffness is important to be a super rigid base for the tonearm/cartridge and bearing/platter as there must be 100 % no moving tolerance between the distance of the groove and the tracking cartridge. All the rumble of the platter / bearing is directed in the TPE columns. On opposite the TPE avoid that any unwanted energy of motor and surface or surrounding vibration leads to the sub-chassis or even to the tonearm cartridge.
      The bearing is an oversized inverted with a inert, resonance free ceramic ball on top Around the bearing we set a super heavy 700g mass point which sucks up all energy around.The stiff carbon sub-chassis helps to transport all vibration in this mass point. So vibrations are transferred in heat The platter itself is from a special alloy of very inert aluminium and is also damped by TPE inserts-It from 2 parts a sub-platter and a main platter to keep it flat although having very high mass and kinetic energy.
      The belt is made from special anti-static rubber. It's glued and then polished.
      The tonearm itself is a completely new design which combines all advantages of a unipivot arm with a Cardan design. The uni-pivot in the middle only helps bearing to be less loaded. The traditional Cardan bearing insures high stability and easiness of use with very low friction. Also inside the tonearm is a special silicon-based grease to damp the tonearm / cartridge resonances by more then 50%
      The tube is again out of carbon , super stiff and rigid. The headshell we made out of special light and rigid aluminium to get a perfect combination of the advantages of carbon with the better inner damping of the aluminium as well as the possibility of more tighter mounting of Highend MC cartridges.
      An external DC power supply unit with an AC Generator creates new total clean power for the motors . You have also 33 /45 electronic switching.

EAT C-SHARP TURNTABLE TECHNICAL INFORMATION
      NOMINAL SPEED    33/45 rpm, driven by microprocessor, separate control panel, lighted control buttons
      SPEED VARIANCE    33 rpm: ± < 0,08%, 45 rpm: ± < 0,09%
      SIGNAL TO NOISE    S/N Ratio ( mechanical noise): – 40 dB, Signal to noise (electrical noise): -70 dB
      DOWNFORCE RANGE    0 – 30 mN
      SUPPLIED COUNTERWEIGHTS    without additional insert =>for cartridge 5 – 9g (125g)
      EFFECTIVE TONEARM MASS    16.5 g
      EFFECTIVE TONEARM LENGTH    254 mm
      OVERHANG    16 mm
      POWER CONSUMPTION    8,5 W max / 0,5 W standby
      VOLTAGE    Universal switch mode power supply 15 V DC / 1,6 A, 90-264 V AC, 47 – 63Hz
      DIMENSIONS (W × H × D)    500 × 400 × 115mm without connectors, 500 × 435 × 115mm with connectors in the rear panel
      WEIGHT (WITHOUT BOX)    13,5 kg + 0,5 kg Separated control panel

Reviews : 

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/eat-c-sharp-turntable-with-ortofon-quintet-black-cartridge/

https://hifipig.com/eat-c-sharp-turntable-and-koetsu-black-mc-cartridge/

https://trueaudiophile.com/eat-turntable-c-sharp-the-reviewers-table/

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/grado2/sonata1.html

Photos:

JJ

• By Mikety
      Item Condition: Brand-new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, PayPal + plus fee Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

Weiduka AC8.8 10way 3000W 15A, support most of plugs as US, AU, EU, British.

Advance version with LCD display table headers that shows both voltage and current.

Condition: new in box.

2 are available for sale, one black, one silver.

Postage available at buyer's cost.

Photos:

• By Donald Trump
      Item Condition: Excellent, one tiny mark on ear cup. Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Yarra Ranges State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pick up Reason for selling: Lack of time to use them. Further information:

Barely used Beyerdynamic Aventho headphones. Includes all original accessories. Made in Germany.

This is the wired version with an in-line microphone.

Less than an hour of use. Purchased on impulse, beautiful sound but no time to use them unfortunately.

There is a tiny mark on one of the ear cups, I've tried to capture this in the photos below.

RRP $499.

Photos:

To Top