WITHDRAWN: FS: Mark Levinson No.53 Mono Amplifiers

• Volunteer
Item Condition: Excellent Used Condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sunbury
State: VIC
Payment Method: All forms of payment considered (plus appropriate fees)
Reason for selling: Different direction

Further information: I genuinely did not think this day would come, but then I said that when I sold my TechDAS turntable too.  Nothing is forever, and its time for someone else to own these.

One of the greatest and most iconic amplifiers of all time.

As with all Mark Levinson Reference products, the Nº53 is made to reproduce sound at the purest level possible. It truly exemplifies the fact that solid state electronics can rival even the best sounding tube-based designs.

Highlights

• Patented Interleaved Power Technology (IPT) raises the switching frequency to an extemely high 2MHz
  • Elimination of dead bands by permitting both sets of output devices to be on simultaneously for short periods of time
  • Compact vertical design with four separate internal compartments to shield and isolate different kinds of circuitry
  • One balanced XLR input
  • One unbalanced RCA input

General Specifications

• Frequency Response: Within ±0.1dB from 10Hz to 20kHz
  • Input Impedance: 100 kΩ (balanced); 50 kΩ (unbalanced)
  • Height: 20.87 in (530mm)
  • Width: 8.42 in (214mm)
  • Depth: 20.4 in (518mm)
  • Weight: Net weight: 135 lb (61.3kg); Shipping weight: 165 lb (75kg)
  • Communication and Control: Two Link2 ports (one input and one output); One Ethernet port; One 3.5mm mono (tip/sleeve) mini plug trigger input, 3-12Vdc; One 3.5mm mono (tip/sleeve) mini plug trigger output, 3-12Vdc; 3-Pin IEC standard power connector
  • Inputs: One balanced XLR input; One unbalanced RCA input
  • Rated Output Power Into 4 Ohms: 1000W
  • Rated Output Power Into 8 Ohms: 500W
  • Gain: 26.8dB
  • Speaker Connections: Two pairs of "Hurricane" loudspeaker output binding posts with banana-plug sockets (banana-plug socket not available for some models)

These were always a dream amplifier of mine and I jumped at the chance to own one of (if not) the only pairs in Australia, I'm told. Most have now been shipped to discerning overseas buyers. I figured I'd try my luck here before advertising them in the markets they're well sought after. They have been my reference for a couple of years. They were official Australian stock, and come complete with their timber crates. 

They're one of the most honest amplifiers I've used - what goes in is what comes out, with a big dollop of balls and power to go with it. If you've got speakers up to the task, they will extend well beyond most people's comfortable listening levels and still be idling. An absolute perfect match with most big JBL's, particularly the K2s which I spent the most time powering.

I'm not setting a good example with these photos, but for over a year they have been tucked into the cubby houses I built into my baffle wall. Those wondering, yes the back and top are open to allow for adequate ventilation. Unfortunately they're not easy to get out because of their weight, and I have some 80+kg amplifiers sitting in front of them right now. I will endeavour to get more photos for genuine buyers, but have included some stock photos from the net for eye-candy purposes.

These can be shipped as sensitive freight around AUS at an agreed price, else are pickup from Sunbury (VIC).

The retail price for these in Australia has been $100,000 for some time - they sold in the US for USD$50K. My price is somewhat negotiable, as are payment terms - with preference towards a quick and fuss free transaction.

Photos:

1212levin.promo_.jpg

1212levin.bac.jpg

1212levin.side.jpg

011212ML53-600.jpg

Display version with plexi sides ^^^ - no wonder when you look at that engineering art!

6235234.jpg

35222.jpg

L1000233.JPG

L1000243.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1