FS: DENON POA 7700 Monoblock Pair Power Amplifiers! RARE

SOLD
Item Condition: Good condition
Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Parramatta
State: NSW
Payment Method: Bank/paypal
Reason for selling: Too many Amps

Further information:

Extremely Rare and a true Balanced design. These monoblocks will deliver clean and balanced power to any setup. Big toroidal transformer and 4x 22,000uf audio grade caps and weighs in at 22 kgs each!

Denon POA 7700 is a flagship amplifier from a time when quality and sound came before been counters.Absolutely brilliant piece of kit, and would cost you an easy 5k plus to replace at the same price performance ratio per amp! I have owned quite a few big brand amps and these POA 7700 kick most of there butts. You really need to spend big money to surpass this sound quality. An amazing high quality built product with audiophile sound!

Producing 300 watts @8 ohms per channel this can run any speakers with ease. It was running my Legacy  focus 20/20 perfectly without breaking a sweat.

Sound signature is very balanced with warm and natural midrange/treble and deep bass. It matches with almost any preamp and one could also run it standalone as it has its own variable volume control.

These were imported from Japan hence would require a step down transformer 100V. You can easily buy one from Tortech in Sydney for about $150 and they ship as well.

SERVICE HISTORY:

These have been maintained and serviced by Kimil Electronics in Sydney (cost :$450) so rest assured they will last for a Lifetime.Both Power amps are functioning perfectly with no issues. The overall condition is quite good considering its age.
They do have quite a few marks here and there.

SHIPPING

FREE POSTAGE!

These will be double boxed in professional heavy duty custom boxes with layers of foam and bubble!

I have a fair bit of  experience in packing heavy electronics so rest assured they will arrive very safe.

Thanks for looking  😊

No returns
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
  • You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

_DSC0020~2.JPG

_DSC0018~2.JPG

_DSC0030~2.JPG

_DSC0034~3.JPG

_DSC0040~2.JPG

_DSC0027~2.JPG

_DSC0029~2.JPG

_DSC0028~2.JPG

_DSC0038~2.JPG

ba06287c--69f6.jpg

Edited by Phil sydney
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, Crystara said:

My brother used to run his Infinity Kappa’s with these such a beautiful sound and plenty of grunt 

8A22B8CE-F901-4733-B049-ECE0F1CCE310.jpeg

Nice! Would these run the original kappa 9’s though? 

1 hour ago, rameshgill said:

How is the POA 7700 different from the POA 6600A?

4400 and 6600 are small sisters of the 7700 with less power...

Just check the guts of the 4400 

Small caps and small transformer..compare that to the guts in the above pics for the 7700..big difference....

6600 is close to the 7700 doing almost 250 watts @8 ohms

7700 does 300 watts RMS @8  ohms!

hope this helps clarify things

23829.jpg

Edited by Phil sydney
  • Like 3

I can vouch for Phil's packing skills. My new 30kg Pioneer A-90D arrived interstate today safely entombed in layer upon layer of packing material and heavy cardboard. It could have fallen off the back of a truck without a worry!

GLWS

1 hour ago, NADCRUSHER said:

I can vouch for Phil's packing skills. My new 30kg Pioneer A-90D arrived interstate today safely entombed in layer upon layer of packing material and heavy cardboard. It could have fallen off the back of a truck without a worry!

GLWS

Thanks for the kind of words sir🙏enjoy the new beast

Edited by Phil sydney
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil sydney said:

With a quality step down transformer like Tortech there is no sonic difference at all ...just my 2 cents.

I run my integrated and subwoofer amps via 2000W Tortech 110V step-down transformer and both sound as good as they did back in the states running on native 110V, so don’t see any reason why these Denon monoblocks wouldn’t sound just as good using Tortech 100V step-down transformer here in AUS as they would in Japan on native 100V mains. Hope to hear these someday! GLWS :thumb:

• Like 4
1 minute ago, krazywaffle said:

I run my integrated and subwoofer amps via 2000W Tortech 110V step-down transformer and both sound as good as they did back in the states running on native 110V, so don’t see any reason why these Denon monoblocks wouldn’t sound just as good using Tortech 100V step-down transformer here in AUS as they would in Japan on native 100V mains. Hope to hear these someday! GLWS :thumb:

Thanks for the input mate, some of the goodies were only Japan domestic ..so not available in other voltages...hope we all can overcome the 240 v stereotype someday😁 and get the benefits of  good old vintage gear that Japan has to offer..

• Like 2

I am a big fan of JDM (Japan domestic market) amps and have owned big beast of amps, 35kgs+, such as Sansui 907NRA, B2103, Pioneer M5 mono blocks.. All running on 100v using Tortech 1000w step-down transformer. Never had any issues, works perfectly fine and after a while you just forget about there is a step down behind the shelf.

If you use Tortech 'isolated' step-down, which is heavier and more expensive, it gives you a passive mains noise isolation too so actually it sounds even better! 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 09/09/2021 at 4:13 PM, Crystara said:

My brother used to run his Infinity Kappa’s with these such a beautiful sound and plenty of grunt 

8A22B8CE-F901-4733-B049-ECE0F1CCE310.jpeg

My dad has the kappas and they are bring deep joy still after 25+ years

happy days your lucky brother

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: PARRAMATTA, 2150, NSW State: NSW Payment Method: Bank/paypal Reason for selling: Too many Amps Further information:

Today for sale is my Classic Sansui 717 from my personal collection.This is 240v version

Fully recapped by previous owner and recently serviced by Kimil Electronics (Sydney) in April this year for $450
      Receipt will be provided.

One of the best vintage integrated I have ever owned. Awesome build quality , great wide soundstage , plenty of power , hard hitting bass ,warm and smooth treble..overall musicality is very high .

One can listen to this amp for hours with minimal fatigue . True dual mono design with separate power transformers. Beautiful separation with excellent depth and slam.
      Can easily drive many power hungry speakers with ease. One can find plenty tone controls and filters to fine tune to their ears.

NO wonder these amps don't come up for sale because they are keepers. In my case I have too many🙂 so someone gets to enjoy this beut.

Condition / Shipping:

The amp is in good condition for its cosmetic condition. There are a few small marks on the face which is expected with age. Please see photos as they form part of description.

Regarding the functional aspect it works flawlessly! As its had a recent service it will last a lifetime of listening pleasure.

It will be professionally packed in double boxed heavy-duty cardboard and bubble wrap. Feel free to check out my feedback on how much I take care in packing my electronics. Postage is FREE!!

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Parramatta State: NSW Payment Method: Bank/paypal Reason for selling: Too many Amps Further information:

A rare opportunity to own this beast of an integrated amp from PIONEER Reference series. It was an exclusive domestic product from Japan.

Very Transparent sounding and warm signature from this Amplifier without compromising any details. True dual mono design with separate power supplies and 2x 22000uf premium sound capacitors. Recordings sound as close to the original rendering. Extremely fast and articulate with beautiful stereo separation!

With built in high end Dac chips you can easily run your digital files via optical cable,no need for an external dac!

Plenty of power to run any speakers with ease.
      Specs below.

Really nice phono stage with ample tone controls and filters for fine tuning.

This was the biggest integrated made by Pioneer and weights in at 30kgs!

The condition is quite good for its age except a few marks here and there. Pictures don't do justice as the face is gloss black and hard to photograph.

Overall the Amplifier works flawlessly with no issues. There is no static with any knobs and all work as they should.

This amp was sourced from Japan and was serviced by the previous owner a few years ago.

A 100volts  step down transformer is required to run this amp. However you can easily get one from tortech website for around 100$.
      I will include a link below so you can order one from them and they post it very quickly as well.

https://www.tortech.com.au/product/voltage-converters/step-down/economy/economy-japanese-step-down-transformer/

SPECS:

https://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/amp/a-90d-e.html

SHIPPING:

I will pack this professionally in the box it came from japan.Double heavy-duty cardboard box and foam all around .It should arrive extremely safe. Shipping is included in the price.Please note this is a vintage used item so no returns or guarantee.

Thanks for looking.😊
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By rockeater
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: WANNEROO State: WA Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup, PayPal Reason for selling: Switched to Wadia Further information:
      This is a Full Monty version with USB, Optical and Coaxial inputs and it is a non-feedback design, without coupling capacitors and with ability to change oversampling between no, 2x, 4x and 8x
      USB is done on VIA Vinyl Audio VT-1731,  32 bit / 384 kHz unit.
      Based on 2 x Wolfson WM8741 24bit  / 192 kHz DACs, fully balanced with output on discrete components (no op-amps), R-Core transformer, 7 linear power supplies.
      Inputs are USB, 2 x Toslink, 3 x SPDIF, one of which is on RCAs and two on BNCs.
      Outputs are XLR and 2 x RCA, but can easily be changed to ACSS current drive (as used by Krell) by changing a plug to different spot and fitting the appropriate connector (I was so assured of this by the designer, a Grand Prix winner of audio design competition of some years back, Qin Hua, known in the West as Kingwa).
      Also there is a number of  filtering options available from front panel or remote control. Remote control if brand new and the whole thing comes in factory box.

When I got my Electrocompaniet DAC I still kept this unit but now I also have a Wadia so it is time to part.
      But it is very, very good (not just for the money) but not quite in the Wadia category.

Manufacturer's page:
      audio-gd NFB-17.32

Photos:

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Parramatta State: NSW Payment Method: Bank/paypal Reason for selling: Not Using Further information:

A rare opportunity to own this beast of an integrated amp from PIONEER. It was an exclusive domestic product from the reference line.

Very Transparent sounding and warm signature from this Amplifier without compromising any details. True dual mono design with separate power supplies and 2x 22000uf premium sound capacitors. Recordings sound as close to the original rendering. Extremely fast and articulate with beautiful stereo separation!

With built in high end Dac chips you can easily run your digital files via optical cable,no need for an external dac!
      Plenty of power to run any speakers with ease.
      Specs below.

Really nice phono stage with ample tone controls and filters for fine tuning.

This was the biggest integrated made by Pioneer and weights in at 30kgs!
      The condition is quite good for its age except a few marks here and there. Pictures don't do justice as the face is gloss black and hard to photograph.
      Overall the Amplifier works flawlessly with no issues. There is no static with any knobs and all work as they should.

This amp was sourced from Japan and was serviced by the previous owner a few years ago.
      A 100volts  step down transformer is required to run this amp. However you can easily get one from tortech website for around 100$.
      I will include a link below so you can order one from them and they post it very quickly as well.

https://www.tortech.com.au/product/voltage-converters/step-down/economy/economy-japanese-step-down-transformer/

SPECS:

https://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/amp/a-90d-e.html

SHIPPING:

I will pack this professionally in the box it came from japan.Double heavy-duty cardboard box and foam all around .It should arrive extremely safe. Shipping is included in the price.Please note this is a vintage used item so no returns or guarantee.

Thanks for looking.😊

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Parramatta State: NSW Payment Method: Bank/paypal Reason for selling: Not Using Further information:

Topping D50S + P50 matching power supply.

Excellent Dac for the price does Bluetooth and all digital inputs.

It has been sparingly used and comes with all original box and accessories including remote.

Bought early last year and sat unsed most of the time.
      Works flawlessly and looks like new.

Will post them together with extra padding apart from original boxes for safest transit. 

Free postage!

Thanks

Photos:

PLEASE READ

To Top