Hisense 85 U8G

After much research, procrastination and internal conflict I have just purchased a Hisense 85 U8G to replace my TCL 75P8M.

I was almost going to buy the Samsung 85Q60A but thought the Hisense the better value.

Paid $3,450 Delivered from JB HiFi

Just wondering if anyone has one and if so what settings are you running.

• Like 1

H Mate ,

Just an FYI , Aussie model U8G is different to US model.  Aus version has inferior panel and no hdmi 2.1 so can not do 120hz...If that is important to you. All glowing reviews I have seen are of US model. As long as you are aware and OK with no problem. It is also an IPS panel and not a VA panel like the previous Q8 .

• Thanks 1

Some good points about this situation from Gizmodo -_-

Hisense Overhauls Aussie Website Over HDMI 2.1 Issue And Model Numbers (gizmodo.com.au)

edit; Hisense still doesnt mention VA or IPS panel [in the interests of transparency] or peak nit values which make all the difference for UHD HDR10 ;DV etc .  Glad I have last years high nit VA model and most games are still 4k/60 when x box x etc finally turn up down here 🤷‍♂️

Edited by cwt

I do like the value of this tv. Besides the less than transparent marketing by Hisense my only other concern is about long term reliability. I am still rocking my 2012 Panasonic VT-50 plasma which had never missed a beat. If I get caught up on the complaints on Hisense FB page, reliability appears to be a concern. Pay for what you get maybe? 

By the way, Hisense mention on their FB page that only the U8G 75" has an IPS panel, the others are VA panels.

Screenshot_20210920-155308.thumb.png.c324ebd0cc048d12c7e4df6205ae195f.png

• Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 10:45 AM, What Me? said:

After much research, procrastination and internal conflict I have just purchased a Hisense 85 U8G to replace my TCL 75P8M.

I was almost going to buy the Samsung 85Q60A but thought the Hisense the better value.

Paid $3,450 Delivered from JB HiFi

Just wondering if anyone has one and if so what settings are you running.

On the cusp of buying a new 55" (nothing bigger will fit available space) and the Hisense is a grand cheaper than the SamsungQN90 I'm lusting after. One thing that would definitely bother me is the Android system pop-up's that apparently keep appearing. You had an issue with this?

No, but what are these pop-ups?

I have a recent TCL and hate that Android system. Takes ages to turn on and just operable OS.

This version is leagues better and turns on in an instant.

HTH

On 22/09/2021 at 8:19 PM, Grimmie said:

On the cusp of buying a new 55" (nothing bigger will fit available space) and the Hisense is a grand cheaper than the SamsungQN90 I'm lusting after. One thing that would definitely bother me is the Android system pop-up's that apparently keep appearing. You had an issue with this?

The Australian Hisense U8G doesn't use Android so pop ups won't be a problem! 😁

Aha! you never know what the hell you're watching in these reviews on-line, must have been for the UK version.

In the end I am getting the more modest Sony XR55X90J and hoping it will bee what we need.