Vincent sv 237

Hi 👋 

I currently own a Yamaha AS 2000

I’m running it with Dali rubicon 5 s it sounds good but I find it a little forward and congested sometimes 

I have always wondered what the Vincent sv  237 mk would do in my system … has anyone got any experience 

with the Vincent ? 
or traded to the Vincent from a Yamaha 

The usual suspects of  all the great integrated amps at the moment are way beyond my budget…. Seems they are from $4 -$ 8 k 

• Like 1

Hi Paul

i had the 237 before i upgraded to monoblocks. In my system and personal opinion, i think the vincents are great and has a sound that a lot of people likes. what i found out about the Vincent 237 (only the 237 not other model), it doesn't do micro details very well. Mid range is very good and smooth. bass is ok. a bit blotted once u crank up the volume. I don;t think swapping to Vincent will elevate your sound system. it will be more like changing to a different sound signature.  Built like a tank!I listened to the AS 2200 and i was impressed with it (but need careful match with speakers. The Yammys tend to be on the brighter side). hope that helps. that is my experience with the amps anyway. someone else might experience it differently. I was driving the Vincent and Yamaha AS2200 with Kef R3. 

Raph

• Like 1

Thanks Raph

I was thinking the same would it just be a shift in sound signature ? 
And the real shift will come with deep pockets! 
but maybe that’s all I need 

I find my Yamaha projects midrange /voices right in my face and there seems to be a loss of the whole musical  picture 

the band is way  back and then I have to 

lower the music because someone is yelling at me 🤷🏼‍♂️ Im  exaggerating of course but it’s enough to annoy you every now and then 

Might be worthwhile looking at a Nelson Pass designed amp? I've found the sound is only limited by the quality of the source. 

Likewise I think one of the Aspen Audio amps like the Soraya would be a safe bet though I've never actually heard one.

Edited by MattyW
  • Thanks 1

I had the Yamaha AS-1100 and through a varying amount of effort just ultimately struggled to get along with it.  Its a beutifully built amp and I absolutely loved the VU meters etc but the sound signature was for me a little too forward and IMO lean. 

I did everything to get some depth and kick out of it from toeing in speakers, moving them back and forth, it got to the point where I just was not enjoying anything about listening to music as I was always moving stuff around trying to make it sound better.  I played around the tone dials also, but the presenation was always a bug bear...

I then got the Vincent SV237mk and all my issues seemed to have gone immediately. I did reposition speakers back to how I'd normally have them as i'd moved them so many times with the Yammy and I have not moved them again since.  

Wit the Vincent the only thing I have done is roll the tubes of which there are 3 and its a not an expensive exercise as they sit in the pre amp section - there are threads on this on SnA as well as few different Vincent and SV237 threads, definately use the search function and have a read through. You might find some useful information.

I find it for my tastes spot on.  No intent of moving it on unless its for the new SV-737 or the  A SV-700.

On 16/09/2021 at 5:46 PM, 08Boss302 said:

I had the Yamaha AS-1100 and through a varying amount of effort just ultimately struggled to get along with it.  Its a beutifully built amp and I absolutely loved the VU meters etc but the sound signature was for me a little too forward and IMO lean. 

I did everything to get some depth and kick out of it from toeing in speakers, moving them back and forth, it got to the point where I just was not enjoying anything about listening to music as I was always moving stuff around trying to make it sound better.  I played around the tone dials also, but the presenation was always a bug bear...

I then got the Vincent SV237mk and all my issues seemed to have gone immediately. I did reposition speakers back to how I'd normally have them as i'd moved them so many times with the Yammy and I have not moved them again since.  

Wit the Vincent the only thing I have done is roll the tubes of which there are 3 and its a not an expensive exercise as they sit in the pre amp section - there are threads on this on SnA as well as few different Vincent and SV237 threads, definately use the search function and have a read through. You might find some useful information.

I find it for my tastes spot on.  No intent of moving it on unless its for the new SV-737 or the  A SV-700.

This is me moving my speakers everywhere I just can’t get the sound right . I think I’m gonna follow what you have done . 
thanks for your feed back 

• Like 1