Anyone else feel like giving it all away?

23 hours ago, RankStranger said:

My life/TPD insurance is pretty good but I’m still able to work, I’m just no longer very good at some major elements of my job. I’m extremely bloody good at the technical aspects, I just don’t want to talk to people, which for someone in sales is kind of a bummer, to say the least.

Don't beat yourself up about this. Sales is a high energy job and you do get burned out eventually. Not a lot of people can sustain the high level vibe necessary past their 40's.

• Thanks 1

This audio thing is a double edged sword like most addictions.

Music is the best drug there is out there and the joy and healing power it brings is immeasurable.

It's the audiophilia that sometimes takes the fun out of it, some things work, some make things worse, sellers remorse, buyers remorse etc. can all have a negative effect on something that is so easy and pure.

Connecting to the lyrics or notes in the music can be done for bugger all $, its only when you stop listening to the music and start hearing the sound that things can go off the rails!

I've never listened to another persons system and heard the owner tell me that they think thier system sounds perfect! Theres always something not quite right........ and I'm no different....... Why is that? Does it keep us on the journey or protect us from critism?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

I've never listened to another persons system and heard the owner tell me that they think thier system sounds perfect! Theres always something not quite right........ and I'm no different....... Why is that? Does it keep us on the journey or protect us from critism?

I have got to the point where I know that this is as good as it's going to get forever (or until I win the lottery big time). To upgrade would really mean a whole system overhaul and the expenditure of a vast sum of money, a VAST sum of money. Not going to happen. That might be part of the reason that I have over a year's worth of Stereophile stacked up, unopened; the search has been suspended.

I'm totally happy with what I have. Blasphemy, I know.

• Like 4