9 Ugly truths - We can’t all be that stupid 😂

11 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

Here's another ugly truth about high end audio: there are actually more than nine....

Add an additional nine and that should be about right.🙃

• Like 1
On 11/08/2021 at 8:23 AM, Ivan Lee said:

lasted 6 minutes. ...........  doesn't impress chicks?

I know this is selective editing ... but I couldn't resist this !!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, gemini07 said:

Do you want to offer the first one...?

We are wondering what the resale value will be of the thing we are looking at but yet to buy.

15 hours ago, rantan said:

We are wondering what the resale value will be of the thing we are looking at but yet to buy.

How about this: the flashy new equipment you are hoping to buy only cost a fifth of its retail price to manufacture....

• Like 2

I'm not going to call him a liar as such but I am going to call him not very interesting to watch.  I couldn't get through the whole thing, and I was pretty bored to start with so my expectations were not high.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

How about this: the flashy new equipment you are hoping to buy only cost a fifth of its retail price to manufacture....

5th is pretty good.  If you consider Advertising and marketing, wages, warehouse storage, freight/shipping (I been told it has gone up 10-20x lately), Distributor cost, more warehouse storage, etc.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

That estimate sounds high 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Cafad said:

I'm not going to call him a liar as such but I am going to call him not very interesting to watch.  I couldn't get through the whole thing, and I was pretty bored to start with so my expectations were not high.

He is just sooo boring - but also appears to truly believe he is the audio Christ sent as our saviour 

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Twenty years in the business ain’t that long really, do you think? Some truths I agree.  But! At days end, he’s selling himself, no?

Edited by twaino
Punctuated
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, twaino said:

But! At days end, he’s selling himself, no?

That was my take as well - although peppered with a worthwhile relevant point or three. Plus some comedic value.

• Like 3

If he had recommended any of the ‘secretive’ boutique brands, pop goes his finders fee. The whole world’s a big sell. I sometimes align Hifi with various cults. You gotta keep paying out to move to the next level, to receive the ‘Magic’. Unless we’re oil sheiks , CEOs, royalty, or the very least lottery winners, we will never enter audio Nirvana. It’s all about the music for me, and the best affordable way of hearing it as close to it was in the studio. Peace ,Brothers & Sisters of the Big Note.X

6A499F63-9D50-4A51-9617-CE41936A14D6.jpeg

• Like 1

I came across one of his videos some weeks back that was very interesting and informative, so have sat through several others since hoping for other words of wisdom on HiFi to reappear, unfortunately they have not.
Most of his stuff is utter crap and not worth watching, some stuff is even weird, if there was a way to ban his video’s so I didn’t have to see them pop up I would.

cheers,

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 10/09/2021 at 8:35 PM, twaino said:

we will never enter audio Nirvana.

Hell, I can enter audio nirvana whenever I like. All it takes is a six pack of German beer, spliff and some melodic death metal. It's all about the music for me as well, plus a little PEQ when required.

• Like 1