Have fun - and don’t blame me if you spend the whole 30mins - I had fun 😂👍

The big lebowski came to mind 

Edited by Andythiing
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Andythiing said:

Have fun - and don’t blame me if you spend the whole 30mins - I had fun 😂👍

The big lebowski came to mind 

I was thinking more the comic book guy from Simpsons. Worst system ever!!

Dont disagree with him though

• Haha 2

He reminds me of many older school audiophiles, I have met.  They just believe stuff and there's no moving them on their opinions which are totally fixed.  

My favourite part is where he suggests you can't image properly without a $3000 + DAC.  Oh lordy  😵

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, patjoy said:

So! Who on this forum have been planted by the big corporates? 🤔😎

Take a good long look and you will see ....

Guest thethrowback
11 hours ago, frednork said:

I was thinking more the comic book guy from Simpsons.

You could be right!

220px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

14 hours ago, patjoy said:

I cannot tell a lie……..it is…………………………….

NO! NO! NO! wait I never told, I never blabbed   🔪🪓🗡🪓🔪ahhhhh!

⚰️☠️

The End.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, patjoy said:

I've long suspected that the wine lobby is very active on this forum😀

• Like 2

31 minutes is too long for me to watch, so I just scoured the video looking for the text, and only 8 are posted, but it was enough for me to get his gist - spend lots of money.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

31 minutes is too long for me to watch, so I just scoured the video looking for the text, and only 8 are posted, but it was enough for me to get his gist - spend lots of money.

You missed many of his pearls of wisdom 😂

Just now, Andythiing said:

You missed many of his pearls of wisdom 😂

I prefer reading news than trying to digest it from an emotive speaker as I get a more objective perspective of it, so they may not appear as pearls to me.

• Like 1
Guest thethrowback

Ugly Truth #8 is apparently so ugly that the presenter has a little debate with himself as to whether he should reveal it or not. He finally relents at 19:58.

"Vacuum tubes of very high quality, i.e. NOS vacuum tubes are finite and they're disappearing and they're becoming very expensive. There is at one point there will be no tubes for you to go get, you know of any speak. There will be like only secret people, will have secret names and they will be sold for thousands of dollars and you know: "do you have the glorious, you know whatever things?"

Ummm, you know so what is the secret of the solution to that? Is buy umm designs that use these Russian military tubes 6N1P things like that, they're not very expensive tubes, they sound really good they're from the 80s and 70s and some earlier and they're plentiful. There's a whole bunch of those, except for the 61C3, what is the 6P3C, the "supertube", okay that one BAT made so ah so famous. That things all been gobbled up and that's scarce and that's not one you want in your design. So, if you have a design with the 6C3 or 31, or whatever the hell it is, and you have a choice of designs and the other one has, uses 6N1P or 6N6P whatever, don't buy the "supertube" one. You know those things are now overpriced and man they're counterfeited big time and you're lucky to get some and um, so you don't want to have a design that has something like that." Snifffff.

Hmmmm.

Edited by thethrowback
On 04/08/2021 at 9:47 PM, POV said:

He reminds me of many older school audiophiles, I have met.  They just believe stuff and there's no moving them on their opinions which are totally fixed.  

My favourite part is where he suggests you can't image properly without a $3000 + DAC.  Oh lordy  😵

My favourite was that using "junk" cables like Mogami will limit your systems' performance to 80% of its potential 😂

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, thethrowback said:

Ugly Truth #8 is apparently so ugly that the presenter has a little debate with himself as to whether he should reveal it or not. He finally relents:

"Vacuum tubes of very high quality, i.e. NOS vacuum tubes are finite and they're disappearing and they're becoming very expensive. There is at one point there will be no tubes for you to go get, you know of any speak. There will be like only secret people, will have secret names and they will be sold for thousands of dollars and you know: "do you have the glorious, you know whatever things?"

Ummm, you know so what is the secret of the solution to that: is buy umm designs that use these Russian military tubes 6N1P things like that, they're not very expensive tubes, they sound really good they're from the 80s and 70s and some earlier and they're plentiful. There's a whole bunch of those, except for the 61C3, what is the 6P3C, the "supertube", okay that one BAT made so ah so famous. That things all been gobbled up and that's scarce and that's not one you want in your design. So, if you have a design with the 6C3 or 31, or whatever the hell it is, and you have a choice of designs and the other one has, uses 6N1P or 6N6P whatever, don't buy the "supertube" one. You know those things are now overpriced and man their counterfeited big time and you're lucky to get some and uh, so you don't want to have a design with something like that." Snifffff.

Hmmmm.

The one made famous by BAT is the 6H30, standard examples are not rare, there is new production ones like the EH, and of course there is the Sovtek one.

The rare one is the 6H30-DR.

• Like 1
Guest thethrowback
2 minutes ago, muon* said:

The one made famous by BAT is the 6H30, standard examples are not rare, there is new production ones like the EH, and of course there is the Sovtek one.

The rare one is the 6H30-DR.

I settled on "whatever the hell it is".

Ok, the guy is somewhat eccentric and a number of his points are a bit out there, and self-serving, but I did find a number of his comments interesting and refreshing.

In particular, I agree with his views about the room, amps, and to a lesser extent brand names vs the more esoteric ones that 'no one knows about...'. However, rather than just criticise a number of those name brands, I would have liked him to have identified some of the less well-known 'boutique' ones he claims are far superior...

Not sure about his view on dacs under 3k, and I'm not sufficiently experienced yet to really know how much difference more expensive ones can make. But it's a big and interesting call to have made. I would have liked a lot more evidence presented on which dacs he had actually used that led him to that conclusion.

• Like 3
On 04/08/2021 at 9:47 PM, POV said:

Lol, seems you have that problem too👍