FOUND: WTB: Bill Evans Trio ‎– Sunday At The Village Vanguard MFSL

waxonwaxoff

Item: Bill Evans Trio ‎– Sunday At The Village Vanguard MFSL.
Price Range: Fair price.
Item Condition: New or Used.
Extra Info: Would like to purchase a copy of this release. Either sealed or in near mint condition.

image.png.766f3ffd950a6c375b64489a24c41b60.png

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can delete this text before pressing Submit).

You may wish to consider a Japanese release - the Mofi seems to go for well over $1k now.

I have a few and they are all excellent.

the 1977 release especially.  SMJ-6201, RLP 9376

For some reason i cant paste links into SNA anymore.

• Like 1

Here's what I heard from Michael Fremer himself.  I'm also after this album on Ultradisc.

'There are many good versions of both "Sunday Night at the Village Vanguard" and "Waltz For Debby" both from the same series of Vanguard appearances. If you can find an OJC Fantasy edition on Discogs it will sound really good too, or a used copy of the ones Analogue Productions issued in the 1990s. Both are probably on Discogs for reasonable prices.....'

BTW you have good taste - I love this album too.

Edited by qik_shift
  • Like 1

I have an MFSL One-Step copy (#2099 of 3000) and yes, it does sound 'musicians-are-in-the-room' stunning!

I'd be prepared to let it go for a grand, but no less (having paid a fair bit for it myself).

Played no more than half-a-dozen times in total, condition is as when I opened the box.

• 5 months later...