ZZ Top Bassist Dusty Hill RIP

1 minute ago, Ahh- Schnoo Schnoo said:

RIP Dusty

I think today will be a ZZ Top day.

How can it not be? For a 3 piece they were incredible. I thought they were the sound of Gibson tbh.

• Like 7

Guest deanB

Very sad news, condolences to the ZZ Top family, friends and fans.

RIP Dusty Hill.

Edited by deanB

Heard the news while driving my son to school this morning and instantly choked up  and had to fight to compose myself. Its been a really depressing day for me as ZZ have been a fav. of mine since 83'. Rest well Dusty and may your tunes forever be in people's heads & hearts.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

seen them live at the old olympic park in melbourne,feb 1987 supported by rose tattoo,angry came out on stage and said you are gonna see two of the best f----n bands in the world tonight, and we're one of em,he was right,the jbl stacks were huge and the whole place rumbled,i could not believe the awesome sound coming from just three guys doing what they do,will never forget that concert,
RIP DUSTY. 

Edited by ray4410
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

RIP Dusty.

On 29/07/2021 at 10:11 AM, oztheatre said:

How can it not be? For a 3 piece they were incredible. I thought they were the sound of Gibson tbh.

Has anyone heard Canned Heats "Refried Boogie" off "Living the Blues"  recorded in 68? The riff is exactly the same as La Grange.

Must of been mates I'd say.

Edited by Wimbo

On 29/07/2021 at 4:07 PM, ray4410 said:

seen them live at the old olympic park in melbourne,feb 1987 supported by rose tattoo,angry came out on stage and said you are gonna see two of the best f----n bands in the world tonight, and we're one of em,he was right,the jbl stacks were huge and the whole place rumbled,i could not believe the awesome sound coming from just three guys doing what they do,will never forget that concert,
RIP DUSTY. 

Yeah I saw the same tour, it was before all the sound limits came in too, so our ears were ringing for days after.

The days of the green argon lasers and smoke machines.

• Like 2
  • Love 1