Anyone know what this symbol means?

I thought that symbol meant that it was half used by the SS during WW II.

Strange that they also advise against keeping your bin on a pedestal.

Edited by Batty
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

The circled symbol actually means....... No Tickling.

It's actually a series - don't tickle me, or you will be struck by lightening and there won't be enough to put out in the rubbish.

I remember something similar on the inside of the doors of an 80's FACOM mainframe - I had to swap cards while wearing a wrist band connected to the frame of the bugger. I wasn't a tech - but the nearest one to Darwin was in Brisbane (and he couldn't get there until the next day).

Edited by Cloth Ears
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, niterida said:

I used to work with those  !!

Small world. I think we had 3 in the one room, two M340's(??) running and a M160 waiting for pickup (for about 6 months - this was Darwin). Some cards blew(?) in one of the 340's and, guess what, the exact same cards were in the 160. So, instead of trying to bring up the prod system on the dev machine (never been tried), I sent everyone out for coffee while we got talked through it all from Brissy. Total downtime about 2 hours.

Edited by Cloth Ears

Guest niterida
4 minutes ago, Cloth Ears said:

Small world. I think we had 3 in the one room, two M340's(??) running and a M160 waiting for pickup (for about 6 months - this was Darwin). Some cards blew(?) in one of the 340's and, guess what, the exact same cards were in the 160. So, instead of trying to bring up the prod system on the dev machine (never been tried), I sent everyone out for coffee while we got talked through it all from Brissy. Total downtime about 2 hours.

geez I remember they were Facoms but I certainly don't remember what model they were or anything else about them - that was such a long time ago :(

50 minutes ago, niterida said:

geez I remember they were Facoms but I certainly don't remember what model they were or anything else about them - that was such a long time ago :(

LOL. I can remember the differences between FACOM and IBM assembler...so I guess we have different memories...😆

Edited by Cloth Ears