Favourite 1 album wonders

Please let everyone know what your favourite single albums are,  where the artist only had one studio release.   

Artists that had EP's or live albums are still eligible,  as only looking at studio album.

Edited by metal beat

Colourbox - self titled from 1985 on 4AD records.   Brothers M & S Young brought out an studio album after a few singles and an EP with an amazing album with such a varied style. combination of synth, leftfield , dub, reggae and Soul with female vocalist the album is such an interesting musical trip.   

They never had a 2nd album, but you may remember them in their other band M/A/R/R/S with the global hit Pump Up the Volume then they sort of disappeared.

image.png.4ba611f60a459b33da297dcf44d0579e.png

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Max Q - self titled 1989 album.   Max Q were a collaboration between the famous Michael Hutchence of INXS fame and underground electronic legend Ollie Olsen.  They apparently met on the Dogs in Space movie.   Only the single album was ever released by them.

the album is superb and a stand out in dark synth. I still feel sad that Michael did not go down this route musically before he passed.

image.png.cf2c37083aaf3b64fdd3d0222b5566fb.png

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Does Live "Throwing copper" count? They may have had other albums, but does anyone know them? This still surprises me every once in a while.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bjs said:

Does Live "Throwing copper" count? They may have had other albums, but does anyone know them? This still surprises me every once in a while.

Errr   No.   Live have had around 8 studio albums released.

Quite a way off a 1 album limit  🙃

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Mother Love Bone- Apple

Early Seattle grunge. Lead singer Andrew Wood died of a heroin overdose just before it's release date and that was it. Check out the band lineup below, producer Terry Date, mastering by Bob Ludwig.

images.jpeg.cf218d38f41e80d392bcdd79433d71b8.jpeg

• Like 2

Torch song ( William orbit and Laurie Mayer ) put out one brilliant album, Wish Thing. And that was it. 

both went on to do other stuff apparently;

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

This is a great record for those morning hangovers or when you don't really want to listen to anything..Look forward to Best Of Part 2..

The Best Of Marcel Marceao

1265192172_TheBestOfMarcelMarceao.jpg.f848dab32cc6a2817d0deda0bdeb6b90.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Discovery - LP

Side project for Rostam from Vampire weekend but very different sound. Always wanted a second album.

• Like 1

DJ Metatron - Loops of infinity

Perhaps cheating as the EPS and mixes are long and there might be another

• Like 1

5 hours ago, towanda said:

Zwan

Billy Corgan was the drawcard for me, then I ended up following the journeys of Matt Sweeney, David Pajo & Paz Lenchantin ever since. Thanks for the intro Billy 👍

• Like 1

819889900_Screenshot_20210627-132859_BluOS-Copy.thumb.jpg.9523eb1a22ab5049db883a7cbed4fb46.jpg

Blind Faith - Blind Faith

An almost accidental supergroup formed after Cream split. Stevie Winwood jamming in Eric Clapton's basement studio led to the formation of what could have been the biggest blues band in history. Also joined by Ric Grech (of Family and Traffic fame) and Ginger Baker (legendary basher-of-the-skins from Cream). They split after one album and a 3 month tour where their limited material meant a fairly abrupt stint on stage each night. It coulda, shoulda, woulda been monstrous if they had carried on.

We should be grateful for this one album and the fact they existed at all; but I still feel a little robbed by what might have been.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

531641229_PXL_20210728_081108609_MP2.thumb.jpg.3f0971564d71117bcf6d460f6005ac90.jpg

The Wild Tchouoitoulas (1976)

This is a one off album by a New Orleans Indian tribe vocal group, backed by the Meyers, Neville brothers and produced by Allen Toussaint. Funky and distinctive.

• Like 1