what next? tweak or buy a component.

.this my current setup

Hometheatre

marantz 7011 into vitus sia 025. ive got 4 in ceiling speakers and 2 paradigm seismic 110 subwoofers pad neptune rca and voodoo power cables

stereo

gigawatt circuit breaker

gigawatt in wall power cable

2 x trader 5 gang wall unit

netgear orbi with sbooster psu router

silent angel n8 with sbooster psu network switch

ayon s10 signature streamer dac with voodoo air spectra power cord

corvus xlr

vitus sia 025 with voodoo tesla

pad neptune rca

wilson benesch p3.0 speakers in 2.0 no subs

bit of room treatment behind paintings under dining room table i have 25mm foam. cinema round on roof. trying to get the wife to let me buy a bigger thicker rug

what next?

Hmm interesting and something to consider.  Given those room curves have you considered incorporating some room correction somewhere in the chain?

If considering subs possibly deal with integration and help resolve some of those large dips in the curve simultaneously with DIRAC?  There’s quite a few ways to incorporate this.

I have to say find your setup and somewhat unique approach really interesting!

Edited by POV

.not much missing just everything i add makes it better. 

things i wa thinking of

HFT for room reflections

some form of isolation under dac and amp

Fuses in dac and amp

a bit of white sound absorption felt behind listening area and dark felt behind tv

im gonna run a ethernet cable through my roof today hopefully. ive been using orbi satellite with ethernet from satellite to ayon. the prime orbi is on the other side of the house next to the nbn box. i gotta go up 2 stories and then through the roof and back down.

1 hour ago, mageak said:

im gonna run a ethernet cable through my roof today hopefully. ive been using orbi satellite with ethernet from satellite to ayon. the prime orbi is on the other side of the house next to the nbn box. i gotta go up 2 stories and then through the roof and back down.

My Orbi is connected by an Ethernet cable backbone to the satellite.  The Orbis are using their supplied power adapters but are isolated away from the music chain with Uptone EtherRegen.  So, cannot comment on tinkering with the Orbis.  If you want to explore further, there is always the rabbit hole called Ethernet switches, cables, power supplies, clocks, fiber optic SFPs and cables etc.

----

If you want to integrate your subs with the mains, suggest MSO

Unlike Audyssey or Dirac, MSO does not alter the stereo signal for your mains but improves the bass by integrating your subs.    It can also improve your HT by integrating the dual subs.  Please let me know whether MSO is of interest and I will help you get it going.

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Unlike Audyssey or Dirac, MSO does not alter the stereo signal for your mains but improves the bass by integrating your subs. It can also improve your HT by integrating the dual subs.  Please let me know whether MSO is of interest and I will help you get it going.

Hi Snoop, MSO can be configured to alter the stereo signal of your mains if you choose it to.

5 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Hi Snoop, MSO can be configured to alter the stereo signal of your mains if you choose it to.

And also Dirac can be configured to only eq subs if you choose to.

16 minutes ago, POV said:

And also Dirac can be configured to only eq subs if you choose to.

Yes and No.

Yes if subwoofer(s) are a separate object/speaker as in surround processors.

No if subwoofer(s) are not treated as a separate object/speaker as in many two channel implementations e.g. miniDSP units.

Edited by Satanica
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satanica said:

I must be missing something here?  Where in the documentation does it talk about altering the mains?

5 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

I must be missing something here?  Where in the documentation does it talk about altering the mains?

You can add for example a High Pass Filter or EQ Blocks to the mains.

In my setup I have a High Pass Filter for the mains in MSO at 80Hz.

I experimented with EQ Blocks in MSO for the mains but settled on just EQ Blocks for the two subwoofers.

Edited by Satanica

so internet to ayon goes...

nbn.

ethernet cat 6 shielded approx 30 m run

orbi master powered by sbooster

into silent angel. ethernet cable is the one that came with the silent angel

silent angel powered by sbooster

purist audio cat 7 cable 1m into ayon.

satellite orbi is attached to orbi master direct by ethernet cat 6 insulated and is now in the roof.

16273785657078793986491796815798.jpg

16273786022516434874764857538302.jpg

On 27/07/2021 at 9:36 AM, mageak said:

no worries. cheers. just thought there might be more. 

There’s always more mate. 😃

But sometimes just need to sit back, take a breath and enjoy. Plan the next move carefully, I like the research sometimes as much as getting new toys. 

• Haha 1

I have replaced the fuse in my power conditioner with an Audio Magic Beeswax Slow Blow 10 Amp .......bloody expensive but a noticeable improvement. The TELOS AUDIO fuses from Peter Griffin at Grooveworks are worth looking at as well.

Regards

• Like 1

In the following order:

Isolation under speakers / equipment

Fuses - hifi grade wall socket

Measure room frequency and adjust speaker position, seating positing, sub woofer - for stereo

Measure noise from power and treat

Grounding

Can Ayon take a clock signal - if so - clock

The journey is long.

Edited by haygeebaby
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mageak said:

thanks hifi grade socket only comes in U.S. sockets yeah

Yeah - unfortunately this is the case.

But if you examine your power signal path - which is next level already - gigawatt rcd and in wall copper - the bottle necks are your wall socket and the oem fuses.

The Furutech GTX NCF units and the SR Orange fuses get two thumbs up in my experience.

A lot of snake oil here for sure. And hifi anal level stuff that we don't want to start heated arguments over.

It's hard being a hifi geek!

Mmm - love that Vitus unit - must sound good and a joy to own - congrats.

Above all - spend the most time to get the speaker position, seat position, subwoofer position, and room treatment right.

This task costs the least in terms of $$$ but unfortunately the most in time and effort.

Good luck bro.

• Like 1