SOLD: FS: Esoteric P-03 Transport

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Berwick
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Mostly listen to Vinyl so don't listen enough to it to justify keeping it.

Further information:

The Esoteric Transports almost need no introduction and are easily the best engineered CD/SACD transports by a long way and will bring the best out of CD's and SACD's.

Weighing in at 30kg just for a transport it is seriously over engineered and the craftsmanship is stunning.

This unit is Australian stock not a grey import and I had it serviced a couple years ago complete with a new laser even though it didn't need it by the official Esoteric importer and it has not had a lot of use since.

Original Esoteric packaging is included and in usual Esoteric style takes the overall weight to 40kg !!

Please note while audition is available during weekend evenings this is subject to Covid restrictions and as I've now sold my DAC you will need to bring one along or persuade me to do an in home audition with your system.

Photos:

98B30DCB-F292-47A7-ADFF-7832B5F3CA2B.thumb.jpeg.0fb9ae4a39be24f70a77e674ef9b415d.jpegB06028A6-C8A4-4AD7-AEB1-86956853C6DE.thumb.jpeg.a370449da16c15512ec786a53a05e71b.jpeg
6A4E82AA-B09C-4267-A5DF-BE2E8765A2BE.thumb.jpeg.326698e60200bb0f43623b044f497415.jpeg95672384-6D8E-4640-AB6B-6DE39C3D90BC.thumb.jpeg.b68a8799a2eaa669824895b1f667072f.jpeg1E6A3A83-D292-4D13-B137-137D2B8F3E03.thumb.jpeg.0e7208015be2d89339241f5b03b09905.jpegC77B3954-E769-423F-877D-69C62F5B21D4.jpeg.0a2ea89ceecd5ec59cd6eada6886b28d.jpeg

Edited by Martykt
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jaba said:

Noticed XLR analog outputs…

That would make it a player not a transport.

It does say digital output.

Although normally digital output is AES/EBU only one output, that's something new to me.

Esoteric is one of the few companies that do dual digital out on their gear for each channel. In this case it AES/EBU which is 110ohm xlr. It’s designed to partner with the corresponding Esoteric Dac which will have the same inputs.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/esoteric-p-03-universal-disc-transport-and-d-03-digital-to-analog-converter
Neo

Edited by Neo
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, tchye nguyen said:

@TDXThis is 100% a transport the xlr in and out is for use when you add Esoteric clock. The only thing I am not sure is why serial number had been cover and the voltage hz had been cover if this unit is for Australia market.

I don't think this is for clock? The clock is on the left using BNC cable (Word Sync in). Makes more sense that this is for their mono dac.

Edited by TDX

5 hours ago, Jaba said:

Noticed XLR analog outputs…

That would make it a player not a transport.

As @Neo correctly points the XLR connection ls are Dual AES/EBU digital outputs where each channel has an AES/EBU connection.

This is the best way to connect up to a DAC if it has those connections.

It definitely is a Transport and not a Player. :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tchye nguyen said:

@TDXThis is 100% a transport the xlr in and out is for use when you add Esoteric clock. The only thing I am not sure is why serial number had been cover and the voltage hz had been cover if this unit is for Australia market.

You can still set it to use the Dual AES/EBU output without an external clock but it is best to sync the clock with the bnc clock input with either an external clock or the clock output on a DAC.

I covered up the serial number to make it harder for scammers who like to steal photos to make scam ads.

I can confirm it definitely is definitely is Australian stock and was originally purchased from the official Australian importer.

5 minutes ago, Ericcklau said:

So does it only works with esoteric dac only for sacd transport 

If you want SACD it has to be the same brand dac (ie esoteric). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ericcklau said:

So does it only works with esoteric dac only for sacd transport 

Yes, unfortunately when they came up with SACD they decided that the digital signal had to encrypted and so with no standard encryption the different manufacturers have a different encryption meaning SACD playback is only available with the corresponding manufacturer.

CD playback is unaffected though and the P03 will upscale to 176.4 khz.

• Thanks 1