On 7/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, Tubularbells said:

That aint the half of it!

2017HiFiShowParty12.thumb.jpg.ff9927b8946ef58056ac73c77f2ed7f6.jpg2017HiFiShowParty12.jpg

How good was that, plenty of familiar faces there..

Geez the Hifi show, dinner, drinks & laughter are very much missed..🍸🍷 🍺

We had many Biscotti beers

@Luc🍻

Hopefully all goes well for 2022 would really enjoy these times again as its dearly missed in all these current lockdowns 🔐 bloody Covid.😵

• Like 3

Hi Marc

I am not only interested in going to next year's HiFi Show,

I am also interested in staying in the hotel over the week end.

Stayed a couple of years ago and it was a most enjoyable experience.

Even had a short chat with you!!!!

Are there any special HiFi Show deals with the hotel?

I did not think to ask last time.

But this time around I do want to ask.

Thanks.

Keep up the good work.

Bruce

• Volunteer

Hi Bruce, yes there will be. Given the current situation we are holding off putting tickets on sale and opening accommodation until August.

While all will be refundable, we want more clarity before we blindly go forward. Stay tuned to this forum for updates.

And as always, thanks for you support!

Hi Marc

Yes, that makes sense.

Will keep an eye out for it.

I am sure that there are lots of others who are also interested.

Thanks again.

Bruce

On 7/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, Tubularbells said:

Nevermind the show, it's the after show dinner that i'm looking forward too 😆

Count me in on that on that too.

. @Stump @Tony M where are you two when need? You got to back me up on this! 😁 

Edited by Kensell21

Yep, I plan on being there, young Rodney - the dinner is always one of the highlights of the show! :thumb:

What exactly do you want backup with, though?  There'll be plenty of assistance and encouragement for a bit of unfettered debauchery from our Eastern States colleagues - some of them seem to have it down to a fine art. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Volunteer

I am always impressed each year to see which faces still stagger up to the ticket desk 10 mins before 10AM for Sunday show entry. :)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Count me in on that on that too.

. @Stump @Tony M where are you two when need? You got to back me up on this! 😁 

Ill be there to make up the numbers and keep you under control....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There has been a lot happening on the "unmentionable" front in recent times.

Any updates of the likelihood  ( or otherwise ) of the Hi Fi Show actually going ahead on the proposed dates ?

Edited by Saxon Hall

I hope it goes ahead on the dates planned, I have rescheduled my handover to my replacement by 2 weeks to ensure I see the show prior to my subsequent move from Canberra to Geelong.

• Volunteer

The latest info we have (and it comes from those responsible for planning major events and Tourism Victoria), is that if the trajectory of vaccination stays on track (the aim is 80% by end-2020), then come Feb we should have no trouble. We are still proceeding as planned 100% at this stage.

That said, knowing the situation rapidly changes, we have also secured an early June date with the venue in case of postponement. At the earliest signs of this being necessary, I will make that call so as to allow all stakeholders to adjust their plans accordingly.

Nothing has changed in the lead up to this event like any other - except that instead of a 9-month long marketing campaign, I will do a bigger and more aggressive campaign instead in the 3-months lead up to the show (when everyone has more confidence).

• Like 7

I worked in the COVID response / support area in Victoria last year - a demonstration of how quickly situations change and the responses required due to the uncertainty. Here’s hoping February remains the date.

Hey @Marc I'm keen to book accommodation at the Hotel for the whole weekend and taking annual leave.  Do you still believe I should hold off as there will be package deal tickets for sale via SNA?

24 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

Hey @Marc I'm keen to book accommodation at the Hotel for the whole weekend and taking annual leave.  Do you still believe I should hold off as there will be package deal tickets for sale via SNA?

Never has before, so I doubt it will now.

Just book with the hotel direct and pay your dosh.(how much do expect you could possibly save if SNA had a deal, seriously?)  I've done it each time with Accor and it's been cheap with buffet brekky thrown in for 3 and 4 day stays.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

Make sure whatever you book is fully refundable.   

We may be still in this political covid schiit then.   I really hope not.

• Like 1