New JVC LASER Series

37 minutes ago, Squidjammer said:

I hope they are wrong. It was the dealer that I have purchased my previous JVC projectors from. I asked last week and they didn't have pricing at that stage so I followed up today and that is what they have given me.

Gives me some hope that they are wrong and maybe my dream hasn't died.............

might be worth going back to retailer to clarify if this pricing is,

a) as advised from JVC 

b) a figment of imagination

c) result of a bad nightmare

or combination of all three :D 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, betty boop said:

might be worth going back to retailer to clarify if this pricing is,

a) as advised from JVC 

b) a figment of imagination

c) result of a bad nightmare

or combination of all three :D 

I'll get back in touch with them and see if I can get some clarity.  I certainly hope it is a figment of their imagination.

Edited by Squidjammer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spizz said:

Those prices do not seem correct at all nor are they expected to be released this soon from JVC Australia.   Hopefully they got their model numbers mixed up and that is the NZ8 and NZ9 pricing.     

Hopefully you are correct and they mixed up the model numbers. I'm trying to get back in touch with them now to see if I can get confirmation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucmor444 said:

That is really disappointing news - and contrary to JVC's previous pricing where prices were around the US prices in AUD.  These new prices are now double the US price.

Will  be interesting to see how they sell but puts me out of the picture for considering one.

Cant quite fathom it ; JVC wouldnt shoot themselves in the foot like this - [a groupbuy knocking 5k off isnt going to happen mores the pity :/]

If that german site listing the tw9500 is legit [and its a dealer site so they have credibility on the line]  Ime still 1/2 glass full hopeful prices will reflect the competition :classic_smile:

5 hours ago, franin said:

Can you imagine what the Z9 will be then ?? **** that I’m definitely hanging onto mine. 

Woofer over on AVS has hinted the NZ9 will be $40k here.   Hopefully all this pricing is incorrect.  If this is correct I'll sit this out and continue to enjoy my NX7 and with the $ difference I could buy many many bulbs and still be ahead.   Let's see what pans out.

Edited by Spizz
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Spizz said:

Woofer over on AVS has hinted the NZ9 will be $40k here.   Hopefully all this pricing is incorrect.  If this is correct I'll sit this out and continue to enjoy my NX7 and with the $ difference I could buy many many bulbs and still be ahead.   Let's see what pans out.

Yeah no I will hang onto my NX9 not complaining about Pq on my end. Though I have been told a DCR Lens is the way go. 

3 hours ago, franin said:

Yeah no I will hang onto my NX9 not complaining about Pq on my end. Though I have been told a DCR Lens is the way go. 

But why? if the pixels are small enough and the image bright enough?

1 hour ago, cwt said:

Noticed msrp for Canada has been posted ;

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/new-4k-projectors-coming-2021.3169568/post-61014422

hopefully this is a ballpark figure for us ? 15k cad = 16k aus exchange rate leaving aside taxes shipping etc

The Z9 is $32999 CA so it could be close $38-40k here in Aus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franin said:

The Z9 is $32999 CA so it could be close $38-40k here in Aus.

Perish the thought Frank ; just hoping for the best with the Z7 ; like the discounts of around 2k for the nx7 presently going for '  if they price them over the odds  initially 😉

Looks like Digital Cinema has posted the pricing.

Wow.   I would like to thank JVC Australia for saving me money from buying the new range by pricing it so far outside what the US pricing or reality.   The projector market is already a small niche enthusiast market so I wish them the best in selling any projectors in more than single digits here in Australia as I don't know at those price points whom they are aiming them at.   I'll continue to enjoy my NX7.

It would be cheaper to import these projectors with no warranty from the US and ship them back and fourth half a dozen times if any problems should arise and you would still be ahead.   Maybe every other country, but especially ours our subsidising the US pricing :)

Edited by Spizz

1 minute ago, Spizz said:

It would be cheaper to import these projectors with no warranty from the US and ship them back and fourth half a dozen times if any problems should arise and you would still be ahead.

Absolutely !!!   Especially with the "Street Pricing" in the US..

there is no middle man in au... they are brought in by JVC...so what justifies such a big hike up from the us pricing is beyond me... given how comparable our pricing was prior with NX series ...

i agree used prices of 7 and 9 series will go through the roof... thats if anyone with one would be mad enough to let one go :D

• Like 1