StereoNET International - "We Post As One"

• Administrator

Have I mentioned the SN Asia "Show" that was planned and meant to happen in 2020 in Singapore? 

Just waiting for the travel bubble so that @Cullypokman (SN Asia Editor) and I can get it locked in for 2022!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

.Who's up for Group Buy return ticket to Singapore??????

Regards Cazzesman

I would be happy with a week in Singapore....Only if International Travel starts again..🤢

On 27/06/2021 at 8:11 PM, Marc said:

It's my view that if we had consulted you about this, a very vocal few in the minority would have said no. I am speaking from experience on previous topics that were put to the XP membership before making decisions. It doesn't matter to some of you that this was more a necessity rather than a casual choice. 

I believe there are many ways to do engagement/ have conversation. It's just like staff engagement in a company. Some cases, it can be more info dissemination and let the dust settle, some require staff to agree/ vote, some is just to prep the staff of big changes ahead for employee engagement purposes. 

I'm not saying you have to give a choice or subject it to vote. But I believe there is much potential that can be done. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a person who believe in having positive change. But sometimes, change needs to come with the appropriate change management, some level of people engagement and having conversations. 

I appreciate that some of the older members feel a deep connection to XtremePlace and have never enjoyed the rebranding. Likewise, there's many thousands who have a deep connection and are a loyal to StereoNET as well. But it is evolution. Nothing is forever and when we took over XP it was not in a good place. The traffic increased steadily in the nearly 12 months since we took it over. Like any forum, many members moved on - they get out of the hobby, or they make a choice not to be part of the community.

Data - depends how you frame it and what are your parameters used. The broad statement of the "traffic increasing steadily", needs to be qualified on what set of data and time frame is used when this statement is made. I manage data for my organisations I have been working at too. More often than not, data can be framed with certain strategies to show good trends. 

For the ex-XP members, I think what have been said, in terms of observations of traffic decreasing or the forum becoming like a ghost town, is on the XP members set of data before and after take over by SN. To many of the XP members, we observed that the posts by XP members is very few now as compared to before the takeover by SN. If SN is open to, it will be useful to know this comparison ie. just XP members set of data (omitting related posts due to the hype/ queries/tech support after SN taking over), before take over and vs now. 

Membership here is free. We are not forcing anyone to be members and because I understand not all will agree, that is why membership is a freedom of choice, and you can Delete your membership from your profile. I don't want to encourage people to leave, but I don't want to force them to be member of something they don't believe in for one minute longer than when they have made that decision. It costs nothing, why not give it a shot and see how you feel.

Frankly I'm shocked and disappointed by this response Marc. Because, it might be perceived as arrogance and not giving a damn about members feedback, which I believe, is not SN's intention.  Maybe, you typed too fast. 

What makes a successful forum, are the members. The people. The wealth of knowledge and circle of friendship that comes from members which results in active postings is key. 

A lot of people go to forums to seek help/ knowledge (I'm one of them) from those who are very good at their hobby. 

But the sad thing is, many of our XP members who have the wealth of knowledge and experience, and willing to share and teach, have mostly deserted the forum. These are hobbyists who really know their stuff very well and helpful, which will benefit other members. So I really hope what u said above, will not result in a 2nd wave of exodus for the remaining regular members to leave. Some who saw your message, has already reacted. And to appreciate them, many of these members have been very positive, helpful and responsible forum members. 

Edited by kopidilo

• Administrator
14 hours ago, petetherock said:

BTW i can’t find my old shopping overseas thread from DTV

The search index is currently rebuilding, which takes days. Chances are it will be uncovered in your profile once the search index is fully rebuilt.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, kopidilo said:

Frankly I'm shocked and disappointed by this response Marc. Because, it might be perceived as arrogance and not giving a damn about members feedback, which I believe, is not SN's intention.  Maybe, you typed too fast. 

What makes a successful forum, are the members. The people. The wealth of knowledge and circle of friendship that comes from members which results in active postings is key. 

Honestly, I don't think what I have said here is really 'shocking'. It's simply keeping things real and in perspective. I don't want to keep discussing the history, because, well, it is history. I made a well considered decision in the best interests of StereoNET, and committed to it. I don't regret that at all.

With that said, last time around, I was 100% open and transparent, communicated everything with the member base, and all I got in return was emails of (quite disgusting) abuse, and even a moderator (who played me) starting his own site and using my site to PM other members inviting them to join. That amounts to a mutiny! This is the last time I will mention or discuss XP, because that is well and truly in the past now! This decision was out of necessity, not a choice. I realise I said over a year ago that it was our intention to leave the forums all independent, but things change. The world changes. 

I agree entirely with you about the success of the forum being its members - hence why this forum has been so successful. There are less than a dozen members complaining about this move. I am also getting other SG-based members sending PMs in support of the idea. The fact they don't want to come out in public support of this tells me more about the culture of the old SN Asia forum frankly. Where are all the old US and UK forum members complaining? They are not, at all.

It is time to put this to bed because it is a decision that cannot be reversed. If anyone wants to complain about it, I am well aware that there is a thread for this very topic and complaints on each of the HiFive, AVDisco, HiFiCafe, and even Hardware Zone forums. There's certainly no shortage of choice for SG hi-fi forums and I wish them all the best. Don't read this as arrogant - it's that I just don't care for the drama or the politics. 

• Like 1