XBOX Series X

Currently own a 10 year old Xbox, now is the right time for upgrade, the current version that I am on, uses HD DVD, old format, still nice but rather obsolete , with optical cable for 5.1 DD

The new Xbox series X looks to have mighty impressive specs! This looks worth to have 

Here is a quick comparison of Xbox X vs PS5

84f82bafb5b7991522e26ce0fb8b16fe.jpg

I saw the video on Xbox, jaw dropping video quality

Something to ponder, the Xbox will have dolby vision / Atmos

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-series-x-has-a-killer-new-feature-that-ps5-cant-match

Getting this xbox x in this year, looks worth it to me...

Quote :

Bringing all that to the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S means games that support HDR will have “10x deeper black levels” and "40x brighter highlights.” Combined with a touted 12-bit color depth, future Xbox games, as well as those that have basic HDR support, are set to look very impressive.

Unquote:

This mini black box looks like mini corner bass trap.

2c61c556fb1ae976abf9e00fcfa258f0.jpg

Ps: rumoured

Source https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x?fwa

The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's flagship next-generation console and will be available on November 10, 2020 for $499 / £449 / AU$749. Pre-orders for the new Xbox, including the cheaper Xbox Series S, will begin on September 22, 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine is the Xbox 360 version, slim tall type, bought like 10 years ago !! It’s still working fine, but rather obsolete, coming to the 11th year now

I skipped the next 2-3 generations. But this upcoming series X is unavoidable, the video looks fantastic and with the specs should last a number of years easily

I’m a big fan of dolby vision, the video quality is stunning at 12bit colour !

My kids friends all like to pop by my place for gaming with my kids, especially during school holidays. So it’s nice to see them enjoying and having fun together , gaming, movies, and some board games, chill around...

I can just sit back and enjoy the video, just looking at the car itself.... drool...

Plus I’m using crowsons, with full Atmos set up and HD fury, so can enjoy the benefits. The only down side is the Pj won’t be ready for 120fps

Overall, damn immersive after I’ve dialed in the full 7.8.8 system , very syok gaming on the big screen, u can see so many things clearly on 135”

Maybe the next round demo I’ll do gaming as well. Press B press B, and the punches hit through with bass, fuu... damn nice

Pricing is out on the Xbox series X

87eac2644c8945f28ff682a902bef0ff.jpg

Me getting the console area ready for one last toy in

b1155d9e659a9a699eada6e4e0cbfa9d.jpg

This sits just next beside frank ultrabank conditioner that has just one more socket for this

Can’t wait...

Lol...cheaper than PS5 and with more features.

But maybe certain games are better on ps5? or u can play both on both consoles these days ?

Ive lost touch, last I bought was 10 years back, but the best thing is this 10 year old Xbox 360, is still working fine until today... it’s quite good. I’ve never repaired it, Nor clean the lense... just insert disc and go... still works like a charm

Products from those days are quite reliable and last Long

But maybe certain games are better on ps5? or u can play both on both consoles these days ?

Ive lost touch, last I bought was 10 years back, but the best thing is this 10 year old Xbox 360, is still working fine until today... it’s quite good. I’ve never repaired it, Nor clean the lense... just insert disc and go... still works like a charm

Products from those days are quite reliable and last Long

Unless its exclusive or early release, most are the same. Thats why we normally buy both consoles. Though I hate the power brick of the earlier generations of Xbox360.

Yes, those days I only need to replace it for upgrades rather than failure.

Nice! Are you planning to get one of these Xbox or PS5?

Lol....both Xbox X and PS5. My children prefer PS5 but I prefer Xbox for Atmos Games and MS Edge browser.

There is still no mention of Atmos support for PS5 even though now they have UHD bluray.

I went thru the period where my children are little. Back then, each of us have their own console so that we can play local network games like Gears of War. Now they want their own so that they can play individually. Fyi, they are in their 20s but still schooling. No more co op with Dad now, if they do its for old times same only. Lol

Those days, Xbox 360 initial version has the Red Ring of Death issue.. Initially it will be replace free at service centre. I had all 3 of mine then replaced. Then no issues. Hit rate like 30+%

Yours could be later version. No such production issues.

YLOD is PS3's "version", I think but hit rate not that high as Xbox 360.

Just managed to get mine today, most places sold out, luckily read your post on the pre order available today, faster caught hold of 1 unit

And also need to get the wireless controllers, comes with only 1 controller. I can imagine the WW2 nightmare at home with only 1 controller

Looks like I can sell off the ATV4K once the Xbox series X arrives , will do some testing on the features availble. Ahhh and need to do video calibration again in Xbox mode through HD fury

Looks like the calibration meter is really useful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 1:42 PM, Amon86 said:

Xbox series X already suffer from heat issues think the red ring of death is back....

https://www.whathifi.com/news/xbox-series-x-runs-extremely-hot-according-to-early-reports

May not be true actually. Someone actually had the real Xbox for testing , check out his video here 

,games are also backward compatible