Hello from Sydney

mattaudio

Hi All.

I have started with the system about 1 year ago. As a newbie I have been caught by the salesman, so I ended up with Yamaha RX-V871 and a pair of

Paradigm Monitor 9. Took me about a 3 days to turn that receiver into the pure stereo mode, anyway was not happy and sold it 2 months later.

Next go was much better choice : Luxman L-230 and Polk Audio RTi A9.

After a while I have come across (on this forum) Quasimodo 2 x40W from Mr. Richard McDonald, talked to him for about 2 weeks then eventualy purchased.

Now I am proud owner of Quasi. An adition to the Quasi is an Audiolab M-DAC, all together sounds very very nice however that Polks are too big for my room. I am trying to sell them on ebay.

Best Regards for All.

P.S.

Still trying to save some money for CD Player or Transport.

I'll try to attached some photos later. Quasi sounds amazing and has beautiful design.

Edited by mattaudio

Hi All.

I have started with the system about 1 year ago. As a newbie I have been caught by the salesman, so I anded up with Yamaha RX-V871 and a pair of

Paradigm Monitor 9. Took me about a 3 days to turn that receiver into the pure stereo mode, anyway was not happy and sold it 2 months later.

Next go was much better choice : Luxman L-230 and Polk Audio RTi A9.

After a while I have come across (on this forum) Quasimodo 2 x40W from Mr. Richard McDonald, talked to him for about 2 weeks then eventualy purchased.

Now I am proud owner of Quasi. An adition to the Quasi is an Audiolab M-DAC, all together sounds very very nice however that Polks are too big for my room. I am trying to sell them on ebay.

Best Regards for All.

P.S.

Still trying to save some money for CD Player or Transport.

I'll try to attached some photos later. Quasi sound amazing and has beautiful dasign.

thanks Matt, sounds like you've had a bit of an adventure already.

We love pics

there quite good photos, nice looking system too, clean lines

With speakers that size you have a decent size room ?

Hi  O.Sydney

Speakers are my another mistake. That is what happens when you learn like me.

My Polks are much too big for my room. That is the reason I am trying to sell them.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1
Hi Matt,

Welcome to a very valuable resource. Good luck with your new speaker purchase. Don't forget if ebay is a no go there is the always the For Sale listings here.

Enjoy your journey.

Cheers,

Hi Toma Audio

I do agree it is very valuable resource. As we all know "know how is priceless"

I already did plenty mistakes which could be avoided if I knew :))

Thanks

Matt