Playstation 5 is coming

petetherock

Friend tried ordering from Sony website on the preorder date - crashed. He then ordered from Courts - has been asked to pay in full so hoping for delivery (might be 2nd week after release)

I paid in full in Australia at JB HiFi - still no news on when I can pick it up

On 11/4/2020 at 3:43 PM, Doggie Howser said:

Friend tried ordering from Sony website on the preorder date - crashed. He then ordered from Courts - has been asked to pay in full so hoping for delivery (might be 2nd week after release)

I paid in full in Australia at JB HiFi - still no news on when I can pick it up

Im soo looking forward to play demon souls in 4k on PS5 (geeking out)

Currently i have no clear idea on when i can get my ps5 - business must be good for sony!

13 hours ago, Fred1624705785 said:

I didn't know the pre-order already started on Sep ?. Hoping to I can hunt down 1 on coming 19th Nov. If anyone have lobang pls do share here.

Thank you ?

No walk in sales on actual day.

Edited by kelvinsin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

PS5 stock is slowly getting stable now but still can't get for walk-in customers for all places.

U still need to pre-order from the game shop or electrical shop that u want.

I gotten my from Challenger pre-order ?

i actually helped quite a few friends got a PS5 coz all my pre orders notification came one after another after buying one - didnt wanna waste the waiting list so i spread the love around

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I finally managed to get a PS5 last week, well I didn't, I had to get a friend get it for me then reimburse them for it.

What's happening with PS5's is as soon as some stock of PS5's arrive in Australia they are delegated to one particular stockist, and they are arriving every 2 weeks.

4 Weeks ago in was the SONY center that got the stock, 2 weeks ago it was BigW, a week ago it was TARGET that got the stock.

My mate told me about a TWITTER account that alerted people to who was getting the stock, and to watch that stockists website for them to appear for sale.

He alerted me to SONY having stock as soon as he got the TWITTER alert, I jumped on my PC and logged into the SONY site and actually saw the PS5 bundle with 2 controllers, but when I went to put it in my cart it wouldn't accept the order, they had already sold out, the bundle was quickly taken down again off the site shortly after.

After that failure I said to him that by the time you have alerted me, and I go on the particular site to purchase, they are already sold.......next time you get a alert just order one for me and I'll transfer the funds.

So the next alert he did, and only just managed to score one from TARGET, they were all down in Melbourne so I had to wait until they shipped mine up to Sydney, but I finally got one.$834 for a 2 controller bundle DISC version PS5.

So IMHO being on this TWITTER alert is the only way you are going to be able to score a PS5 in Australia ATM at least.......forget trying to preorder one from ANY stockist, they just aren't putting the ability to preorder up any more, it's just the quick or the dead ATM, you just get the heads up who is getting the stock and watch that website for them to appear for sale.

Here is the PS5 Stock Alerts Australia TWITTER account if you are trying to get a PS5, just join and have ALERTS ON, it also helps to make accounts at various places so you can get straight onto that site if they are the ones getting the stock.

You'll still need a fair bit of luck to score one, as they go QUICK !

https://twitter.com/AustraliaPs5?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

• Like 2

What is happening is no different to xboxseriesx it’s like toilet rolls :D

the scalpers are onto it… and worldwide buying up as soon as available and scalping at stupid money online …

ebgames turned out with getting me an xboxseiesx the other week… amazing it’s 12 months since release … still can’t freely get one …my deposit at jb is still there for one … but since made in store… I can’t cancel till can get back in store apparently … even though I put deposit on jb well well prior to ebgames they never came through ….

On 12/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, betty boop said:

What is happening is no different to xboxseriesx it’s like toilet rolls :D

the scalpers are onto it… and worldwide buying up as soon as available and scalping at stupid money online …

Its a shame people dont consider the x box series s if they can live without a disc drive and 4k120 Al . Its not as if theres not a lot of hdmi 2.0a/b tvs limited to 60 hz anyway out there and the s has the same basic architecture with ray tracing etc if people can live with upscaled 1440p ? . And hang a hdd of it..

Could always get one and onsell it when microsoft and sony get there act together ; that would stop the scalpers and quieten demand some B| 

By the time projectors with 2.1 ports taking 4k/120 are actually here things may have improved by then..

I personally got my series x via xbox all access and telstra. No supply issues (well at least not at launch) and if you're inclined to be subbed to gamepass ongoing anyway then there's no extra cost. You need one other telstra product, which may be a barrier for some admittedly, but overall its been a good offer that I'm glad I took up.