Playstation 5 is coming

Games released on June 4th - but I'm not sure if they will postpone it due to the current situation:

https://geekculture.co/playstation-5-has-38-confirmed-games-revealed/

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-52851506

I'm hoping it will come with HDMI 2.1 and the ability to bitstream so the receivers can do Atmos..

ps5.jpg

MVEPDkmNHwy4UKoFT8n9XP-650-80.jpg.webp

PS5 specs

CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)

GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)

GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2.

Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit.

Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s.

Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD.

IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)

Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot

External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)

Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/games-apps/sony-playstation-5-to-launch-in-november

"SINGAPORE - The next-generation gaming console war sporting more life-like graphics has officially arrived, with Sony's PlayStation 5 (PS5) set to go head to head with Microsoft's Xbox Series X and Series S this November.

Sony announced the price and release date for its PS5 in a live stream on Thursday (Sept 17) morning Singapore time, ending months of speculation from gamers and the media alike.

The standard PS5 will cost US$499 (S$678), while the digital edition, which comes without a Blu-ray disc drive, will cost $399.

Both devices will launch first on Nov 12 in seven countries including the United States, Japan and South Korea, and on Nov 19 for the rest of the world, including Singapore.

Sony has not announced local pricing information for Singapore yet. It said pre-orders are starting on Thursday at select retailers, but did not specify which ones.

"This year has been unlike any other, and there have been many challenges the world has faced," said Sony Interactive Entertainment chief Jim Ryan in a blog post published after the live stream ended.

"Everyone at PlayStation, along with all of our partners in development, publishing, technology, and retail, have devoted a lot of effort to launch PlayStation 5 in time for the holiday season."

The Japanese electronics giant had been widely expected to reveal the PS5 price and launch dates in response to its rival Microsoft, which did the same for its Xbox Series X and Series S last week.

The Xbox Series X has an identical price to the PS5 at $499, while the less powerful Series S costs $299. Both are launching on Nov 10."

I dont like the white/black color combo. Hope they will release another color combo set too.

For now, guess will hoot the X series first. The children will prob go with PS5.

Lol....hope soccer teams (Man U vs Liverpool) and games console (X vs P) remained as our only disagreements.

??

I dont like the white/black color combo. Hope they will release another color combo set too.

For now, guess will hoot the X series first. The children will prob go with PS5.

Lol....hope soccer teams (Man U vs Liverpool) and games console (X vs P) remained as our only disagreements.

??

I'm sure they will have special edition colors very soon. Like how they have in PS4.

Still love my Star Wars themed PS4.

Getting it and ready for it........black/white match my floorstander very nice think i predicted the colour...heard the side panel can be change if you don't like the white in some forums only the middle section black can't be change....so is like hamburger the bread part you can swap........

Great if side panels can be changed. Will have cheaper 3rd party option. Lol

Getting it and ready for it........black/white match my floorstander very nice think i predicted the colour...heard the side panel can be change if you don't like the white in some forums only the middle section black can't be change....so is like hamburger the bread part you can swap........

• 3 weeks later...