What you be doing this long weekend?

Toma Audio

Hi all,

Just wondering how many will be taking time out to catch up on listening to the system.

I'd also like to spare a thought for those up Queensland doing it tough again with flooding, and for those throughout the country suffering from bushfires.

Happy Australia Day,

Geoff.

• Like 1

My PhD thesis is due on Thursday and I have a bit of writing and editing to do, so the family have gone off camping so I'll have the house to myself with no interruptions (except you lot).  I've set myself up in the dining room and I reckon I'll be listening to a bit of Pink Floyd, Tangering Dream and Eno (favorite wrting music)

Hi Batty,

Your son is lucky, as are you if he shares in your hobby.

Cheers,

Geoff

Last year I gave him his first hifi amp, nothing spectacular a Denon PMA250II, he loves it but now he has the bug but no job (just turned 17) to pay for gear so i'm helping.

Not so sure about his taste in music, but he is a lot younger than me and it would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

• Like 1

Taking my son to a Warhammer workshop for Aussie day, I plan on hitting a couple of music shops in Aberdeen while he does his thing. Probably check out a couple of pubs too :thumb: Then home for a few Scottish brews followed by some good whiskey.

Damn caddisgeek,

Sorry I dumped you in it. Good luck with your studies.

Hmmmm early days but already I'm seeing too much of the work word. I'm guilty to, it looks like the weekend will be spent writing code and programming for a big commercial job we just won the tender for, but luckily I can use it as an excuse to sit in front of the system most of the weekend :D .

Damn caddisgeek,

Sorry I dumped you in it. Good luck with your studies.

Hmmmm early days but already I'm seeing too much of the work word. I'm guilty to, it looks like the weekend will be spent writing code and programming for a big commercial job we just won the tender for, but luckily I can use it as an excuse to sit in front of the system most of the weekend :D .

Maybe selling speakers Geoff, good luck with the work and thanks for the audition this morning.

• Like 1

Shortly taking the wife to Rochford Winery for the Day on the Green concert with Elvis Costello, Jo Jo Zep , Tex Perkins etc.

and afterwards staying at Balgownie Estate for the night, Trouble is concert runs till around 10pm so will have minimal time "value for money wise" to avail ourselves of the facilities!

Should be great!  :hiccup

Did the domestics, which in the bachelor pad means dusting all the hifi gear.

Have a pile of vinyl lined up and working way through them, already played Alabama Shakes, Dead Can Dance, Chet Faker, Flume, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. Though at the moment have an interesting cd on, Crimes of Freedom, The Songs of Bob Dylan, which is an Amnesty International 50 year anniversary disc. Well it's 4 discs that I occasionally play one disc. Not sure I could work through 75 Dylan covers in one go. Some great tracks to be found on this though, especially the Bettye Lavette cover of Most Of The Time.

May head to Festival of the Voices at the Rocks, to catch Sietta and Dubmarine, and if the crowd not too bad will hang around for Ash Grunwald.

• Like 1

Evil C I envy you, a great line up there. Enjoy.

Batty I'm with you, I don't get the music??? that my kids listen to. I'm glad your boy has the bug. My girls are content with the phone or PC speakers so far, but I live in hope.

harry_mr you are very welcome, dig your choice in music to

Daza is also edging towards the dark side, he agrees with me that vinyl sounds the best, in fact he has his eye on one of my TTs

He still listens to poor quality badly recorded music because with the bands he is into most of their stuff is not 'mainstream' and is only available in mp3 or youtube video.

Perched on the side of a site 15m up a steep batter embankment you can't walk up,  thats 1500mm wide at the top and not really well compacted and my machine is 1300mm, it's raining with a sou'easter of 45+knots howling and is forecast to bucket down this arvy and I'll be here and tomorrow...and Monday whatever the rain does :( ...but how else do you pay for the toys :).

Have new toy to play with when I get home though so that'll be fun.

Part of today - working out best place for Sub in Lounge/music music (putting sub in listening area, then moving around room on all fours until I find best tight bass in room!!!!

Sunday - Nice BBQ with some old Friends!

Today, listening to Hottest 100 on JJJ, so system getting a work out. Good food, and Crystal Head vodka to go along with it, as well as the traditional Oz Day tournaments of outdoor darts and boules with company. It's a tough life......

• Like 1
Friday night was spent in hospital with our 15 month old boy, so today will be a suitably quiet affair methinks! At least he's back at home now. :)

Hope all is well now Pete.

It's never a pleasant experience having your children in hospital.

• Like 1

Yep hope the nipper is well Pete spent the first 5 or 6 years of my young blokes life in an out of hospital never a good thing.

Home from work and well and truly soaked no rain coat really keeps rain out for long does it, all you office types don't know how lucky you have it with aircon and swivel chairs.

• Like 1