TEDDY PARDO Power Supply

Guest yamaha_man

Guest yamaha_man

Well in a drunken state a month or so ago I ordered the above power supply for my Squeezebox Touch.

I Arrived home a few days ago to many parcels including an item sent from Israel.

WTF!!!!! Israel????

Opened it up and found a power supply, have had it turned on for the last 3 day and have decided to give it a blast now.

HUGE!!!!!! Difference in both bass and soundstage immediately noticed.

Does anyone else have the TP power supply?

Would be interested in knowing your thoughts on it.

Cheers.

Well in a drunken state a month or so ago I ordered the above power supply for my Squeezebox Touch.

I Arrived home a few days ago to many parcels including an item sent from Israel.

WTF!!!!! Israel????

Opened it up and found a power supply, have had it turned on for the last 3 day and have decided to give it a blast now.

HUGE!!!!!! Difference in both bass and soundstage immediately noticed.

Does anyone else have the TP power supply?

Would be interested in knowing your thoughts on it.

Cheers.

Teddy the robot  :D 

What is superteddyreg ? I guess that's the branding for their particular circuit design. I have heard they are good. Did not realise they were that inexpensive. An apple wall wart is 89 bucks or so for something that is not that special but you pay for the apple logo and the plug on the end.

I have ordered a beefy Paul Hynes SR7 custom shunt supply with 2 rails that will run my MacBook and Weiss Int202. It's a custom job so I guess you can't compare but it's a wee bit more than 350 dollars, In fact the shipping alone is about $220 from Scotland.

The Paul Hynes is 8.5 amps vs the 1.5 for the TeddyPardo so I guess it's not apples with apples, the two supplies are not interchangeable.

Unfortunately I have not heard both so I have no idea whether you get more refinement by spending more. The SR7 I heard at an audio club meet sounded great, good enough for me to order one, but I have no idea if this one isnt just as good. Power supplies are the expensive part of much audio gear so I will blindly claim that more and heavier is a step up. It seemed to apply to my Naim CD players in the past, ie bigger is more refined again.

Edited by Briz Vegas