FS: AKG K240 monitor 600 ohms & Sennheiser HD545 150 ohms headphones

Item: AKG K240 monitor 600 ohms

Price: $70+shipping

Item Condition: cosmetically near mint.

Reason for selling: Too many headphones
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
Extra Info: They are 600 OHM headphones not like the newer K240 studio models which are 55 OHM.These sound much warmer and smoother than the newer models. The original ear pads worn off. I replaced a pair of DIY pads using the leather pads for beyerdynamic dt770. I found the sound is more balanced and cleaner with the new pads

Item: Sennheiser HD545 150 ohms

Price: $90+shipping

Item Condition: good conditions. The foams inside the headband and in front of the drivers worn off but was replaced by myself. The ear pads (and the foam inside) and headphones are in good shape. The cables was reterminated with a gold-plated 3.5mm plug.

Reason for selling: Too many headphones
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
Extra Info: They are fantastic headphones produced by sennheiser in 1990s. The sound signature is very similar to HD 580, but it is much easier to drive as it has a lower impedance. It can easily outperform the new products under $200. You can drive them using portable devices and computer without a problem but a delicate amp will make them shine. 

post-133678-0-74356400-1359090296_thumb.

post-133678-0-99013000-1359090309_thumb.

Edited by woodhead

So with 600ohm headphones you should use an amplifier?

If not i may be interested in the AKG. using them at work out of phone and computer. would this be ok or should i get an amp?

Edited by DanFi

akg 240 monitor definitely need an amp. otherwise you might get a very low volume and poor sound. without amp hd545 is much better than k240. with amp, both are very good. I prefer hd545 for classical music but k240 for pop and vocal .