JPlay v5

Released today. Sounds great :)  via M2tech young DAC/Burson HA160/AKG 550 & 701. Apparently it is now possible to play via Squeezebox Touch. Anyone game enough to help me set this up? Currently using Logitech Media Server on laptop to stream to SBT. Unfortunately any computer speak will need to be the equivalent of one syllable ;)

Loaded mine this evening. Its nice to have the engine working via Asio :thumb:

Mines bloody laggy when making adjustments (Stop,Skip track, Load settings) 5sec + and its crashed a few times ;)

Wont run direct link so 256 buffer is safe for me with Audio gd v3

Need to do some more fiddling but sounds very good so far.

Edited by jof062

At last after installing and un-installing all the versions of JPLAY finally have one that is stable and does what it is supposed to do without driving me crazy. Still doesn't like my EXA devices but fine with all my other dacs / convertors.

It's interesting in that it improves ordinary dacs a lot, great dacs less so, but very worthwhile and the bloody thing finally works properly.

And even handles DSD.

Hmm, I've only tried the new version via Jplay mini, can't say I bothered to compare SQ. I kinda miss the config options although this version is a fair bit quicker on my media PC (was not enjoying the last couple of versions much as playback, skipping etc would take at least 15 seconds).

What setting are you finding best for you?

These are mine at the moment:

post-106543-0-38944300-1359095178_thumb.

and now have 24-96 playing in "direct" too - nice and stable via Foobar with with an AP1

post-106543-0-71651000-1359095501_thumb.

Edited by Nada
I have been using the v5 betas for a while - nice jump in sq on my setup :)

There are a few registry options / settings that are worth fiddling with to "tune" the sound to the system..

Found one today by accident, the mmcss has settings for network throttling, I turned it up to stop lag in computer games and big mistake. Now I run lowest value to maximise throttling and just kill mmcss when i need to play games.

Any others you are using?

• Like 1

xtream mode, direct link on all sample rates, "native" bit rate, 

The registry options are the jplay ones - Regedit - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JPLAY

Packet size 0, XtreamMode 0, are my favorite settings although setting packetsize 0 can be a little bit edgy on my setup.

There is also a "XtreamSize" which can be set to 2000 max - this gives me the best SQ but is _very_ laggy / unresponsive - fine for a full album playlist but annoying for changing tracks and browsing my collection.

Edited by gavtron

Found one today by accident, the mmcss has settings for network throttling, I turned it up to stop lag in computer games and big mistake. Now I run lowest value to maximise throttling and just kill mmcss when i need to play games.

Any others you are using?

I think I have the MMCSS Service disabled.  I want to get the number of windows services running to the bare minimum, whilst keeping the network running.. so easy to break windows by disabling the wrong service!

What setting are you finding best for you?

These are mine at the moment:

attachicon.gifJplay Setting.JPG

and now have 24-96 playing in "direct" too - nice and stable via Foobar with with an AP1

attachicon.gifJplay Setting 2.JPG

Xtreme Direct link works on all sample rates. Haven't made any other changes at this time. Do like "river" though. That's the problem with options ;)

Anyone else having trouble loading jplay website for a tute on how to get v5 to work. I like the foobar component/calling 'method'. 

Or better yet - those using v5 are you still able to get a foo_jplay.dll file to copy and paste into 'Components' folder? Because only dll file in C:/Jplay is "JPLAYDriver.dll". Perhaps my install was no good or perhaps I am missing instruction to this new version which I figured would be included as a readme upon install?

Anyone else having trouble loading jplay website for a tute on how to get v5 to work. I like the foobar component/calling 'method'. 

Or better yet - those using v5 are you still able to get a foo_jplay.dll file to copy and paste into 'Components' folder? Because only dll file in C:/Jplay is "JPLAYDriver.dll". Perhaps my install was no good or perhaps I am missing instruction to this new version which I figured would be included as a readme upon install?

The JPlay setup instructions are at http://www.jplay.eu/manual/ but looks like their entire site has crashed, no doubt from all the folk downloading the new version after reading this thread.

From what other have mentioned  forget the .dll and:

A> open Foobar - preferences - output - select ASIO Jplay....OK? Yes - enjoy. No -=>

B> close all programs and uninstall JPlay from the Control menu

update Foobar and install  http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio

restart

install JPlay5

restart

open Foobar - preferences - output - select ASIO Jplay

OK?

Edited by Nada
  • Like 1

Thanks for quick reply. I will give it a go at home tomorrow. I wonder if this conflicts with native ASIO driver for any DAC or if using KS for another DAC. Curious since they always suggested null output in foobar but seems like v5 is a big upgrade.

The JPlay setup instructions are at http://www.jplay.eu/manual/ but looks like their entire site has crashed, no doubt from all the folk downloading the new version after reading this thread.

From what other have mentioned  forget the .dll and:

A> open Foobar - preferences - output - select ASIO Jplay....OK? Yes - enjoy. No -=>

B> close all programs and uninstall JPlay from the Control menu

update Foobar and install  http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio

restart

install JPlay5

restart

open Foobar - preferences - output - select ASIO Jplay

OK?

Installed mine last night. I had a few issues and then did the above. Working well.

Question? does this mean I dint have to/ cant change other settings?