SOLD: FS (SA) - Vaf i91 x 3 with stands. Vaf i90 x 2 with stands. Vaf MPB SW4 x2

Item: Vaf i91 x3 Black Oak - FR and FL with stands, Centre. Vaf i90 x 2 with stands. Vaf MPB SW black oak x2

Price: $5000 firm ($4600 without stands)

Item Condition: As new

Reason for selling: Eyes on an upgrade I can't refuse

Payment Method: Pickup preferred - Cash/Bank Transfer. Willing to facilitate with shipping.

Extra Info:

Bought these and picked them up on 21/8/12 so they are in as new condition - unmarked - probably only just run in. I've got my eyes on an upgrade that I can't refuse, but it would be more palatable if I could sell these off first.

I know Vaf recently had a 30% off sale at the end of last year (and another one day 30% off sale a couple of weeks ago), but we do know that those sales are rare. Thirty percent off without stands (RRP $1000 on the stands) is $6381. 9.5 years warranty remaining on the speakers! These are basically brand new and no waiting time required for potential buyers  :)

I will separate if I can get a buyer for the front stage as a priority. Will separate!

Prices as follows:

Vaf i91 x3 Black Oak - $2400 with stands. ($2200 without stands) SOLD

Vaf i90 x2 Black - $1200 with stands ($1000 without stands)  SOLD

MPB SW4 Black Oak - $700 each (speakers must sell first) No longer for sale

Pictures: Attached. Apologies for the poor quality. 

post-134201-0-42820400-1358940861_thumb.

post-134201-0-80201500-1358940866_thumb.

post-134201-0-48846100-1358940870_thumb.

post-134201-0-08633600-1358940881_thumb.

Edited by drteflon

Prices adjusted (mainly for the i91s) - I was probably being too optimistic originally.

As new. Plenty of warranty. Barely run in. Approximately 40% off retail (and free stands essentially!)

Hopefully can generate some interest over the long weekend... new gear is on the way!

Edited by drteflon

Make an offer - new gear has arrived early!

Willing to separate.

Will ship at buyer's expense. Have previously used e-go but if buyer has preference for a different courier then happy to facilitate. I don't think the speaker stands would ship safely but other gear could be well packaged for shipping.

Phantom. The rrp for the i91 is 1449 each in black oak. I was using an anthem mrx300 with a pva5. However prior to that I ran them with a marantz very well (sr6003) too. The rrp on the stands is 500.

Edited by drteflon
OK Doc.

Thanks very much for that. I now have to decide between these and another pair [ different make ] for sale

No worries Phantom... as mentioned, stands could be a bit tricky to ship safely, but I could package the speakers safely and get some quotes for you. They're a decent 15kg each. I bought them locally so don't have boxes, but do have moving boxes from when we moved from QLD to SA which I could package them safely into.

Found some perfect boxes to ship the i91s if needed (petri dish boxes of all things!). With e-go depot to door for postcode 2000 is about $55 uninsured. For postcode 6000, about $92 to give everyone a rough estimate. Can save an extra 25% if depot to depot. Insurance is $44 per thousand. Happy to consider other companies of buyer's choosing. I don't think I could safely ship the stands.

At this stage strongly leaning towards keeping the SWs. Most keen to move on the front stage but if the rears sell as well then that's a reason for me to match everything.

Looks like it will work out well for all of us and I'll get to meet some SA members! So front stage is sold pending payment/pickup. :)

Thanks very much for your help, look forward to catching up. I've always had a bit of a hankering for a pair of i91s, so this should work out well. :)

• Like 2

Hey benje... I'm just trying to decide now whether to hang onto them for surround duties since the front stage has now sold and the tonal matching of the rears isn't as important.. I'll update this thread this morning.

Edit: Awaiting some prices on some rear channels before deciding whether to pull the i90s from sale. Will update thread Tuesday night.

Edited by drteflon