FS: Dynaudio Contour SCX Centre Speaker

Item: Dynaudio Contour SCX Centre Speaker with Matching Stand
Price: $1750 with Stand.  $1500 without stand.
Item Condition: 9/10, Excellent
Reason for selling: No Longer used
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Deposit
Extra Info: I am the second owner of this speaker and bought it off the original owner about 2 years ago.  It is in perfect unmarked condition and comes with the optional (adjustable) Dynaudio "Centre Base2" Stand.  The stand alone sold for $900 I believe.

The CSX Centre speaker (rrp $4199) is significantly better than the standard Contour SC Centre (rep $2799).  The next step up the Dynaudio range in the way of a centre is the $10k Confidence centre, so in my mind the CSX is the pick of the bunch (bang for buck wise) if you are looking for a centre speaker to match Dynaudio Foucs, Contour or Confidence front speakers.  The SCX uses the Esotar tweeter which I believe is the same one used in the Dynaudio Confidence range.  This centre speaker sounds superb.  Voices are articulate and natural sounding through this centre and it really brought my home theatre experience to the next level.  

I apologise if I have any of the above RRPs wrong.  I got them all from google -  http://www.rio.com.au/brands/5/dynaudio/  I just wanted to give you an idea of where this speaker sits in the Dynaudio range. 

There are no marks, dings or dents on the speaker, and it is in perfect working order.  There is a small mark on the back corner of the "Centre BAse2" stand which I have tried to show in the last pic.  You can't see this mark unless you bend down behind the speaker and look carefully.

I have the original box and manual and can post anywhere in australia at buyers cost and risk.  

Pictures:

post-124834-0-11995800-1358924415_thumb.

post-124834-0-17020200-1358924449_thumb.

post-124834-0-22211600-1358924467_thumb.

post-124834-0-63919000-1358924488_thumb.

post-124834-0-56713900-1358924530_thumb.

post-124834-0-73232200-1358924543_thumb.

post-124834-0-52979200-1358924556_thumb.

Edited by Quickbrick

I have had some interest in the Centre Base2 stand so I'm willing to sell the speaker separately if anyone is interested.

I also recognise the fact that a fast sale is a good sale, so I've tweaked the price of the CSX as far as possible.  If it doesn't sell at this price by next week I'll be sending it the way of the ebay and see what happens over there.  So if anyone is interested in this great centre speaker I would encourage them to PM me.

I have had some interest in the Centre Base2 stand so I'm willing to sell the speaker separately if anyone is interested.

I also recognise the fact that a fast sale is a good sale, so I've tweaked the price of the CSX as far as possible.  If it doesn't sell at this price by next week I'll be sending it the way of the ebay and see what happens over there.  So if anyone is interested in this great centre speaker I would encourage them to PM me.

As the owner of an SCX this is a screaming bargin.

Good luck with the sale

Edited by mttel

How does this compare to say Paradigm Signature CC690? or say any of my current centers:-

This is the current center i use in my main room - http://www.soundlab-speakers.com/#!__products/hybrids (Sound Labs Marquee)

But i also have these centers at home i sometimes rotate just for a different sound - Equinox Audio and a Subsonic PC1 (both aussie speakers). 

To Top