Amplifier Repairers in Adelaide?

Hi all!

I have a Sony TA-F222ES amplifier that needs a fair bit of fault finding (both channels dead, not the output stage, not switches etc.) does anyone know of someone in Adelaide who does amp repairs at reasonable rates? I was eyeing off the enclosure and parts for another project but I'd really like to get this one repaired.

I also have another amp needing repair, but this one is a smallish one off that sounds (sounded!) extremely nice.

I have thought of a company on Main North Road, but have reason not to go there again, the second amp has already been "fixed" by them...

Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Thanks,

SS

I contacted Richard Macdonald who has been most helpful. One of the amps is going to have a heart transplant as it has some terminal issues :-)

OK, OK, Mt Gambier isn't Adelaide but it is still South Australia... just!

Regards,

SS

• 5 years later...

another plug for Bruno mentioned earlier here, just had my Modwright power amp serviced and sorted out by Bruno and very happy with the service.

he also made me a custom 8 outlet power board that works really well. ?

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 12:28 PM, peterpan said:

he works from home so he is best to ring and arrange a time, 

Will do.

So far I only have someone call Bruno who lives in Pennington to go by though.

You say in your first post on this thread  " another plug for Bruno mentioned earlier here"  but I don't see that earlier post, perhaps that is why people are thinking I should have all the info I need.

5 minutes ago, Doug06 said:

So far I only have someone call Bruno who lives in Pennington to go by though.

You say in your first post on this thread  " another plug for Bruno mentioned earlier here"  but I don't see that earlier post, perhaps that is why people are thinking I should have all the info I need.

I can understand your confusion, it probably was on another thread that i assumed this one was, anyway if you need his details please pm me or anyone else on here who has dealt with him. 

I dont want to put his phone number up here on public display without his permission.  

• Like 1